Hey all, need quick answers! Should I text her or wait?

Okay so there's this girl I like. We haven't actually hung out since I got her number but I've tried a few times. We texted last Friday for a bit and then I texted her on Monday to see how she was feeling (because she told me she was sick on Friday). After a little bit, I asked her if she wanted to go to this cool museum and grab dinner after... she said she has been to that museum a couple times so she doesn't have to go, but "dinner sounds cool." We then talked about where I was gonna take her and I asked her about tonight to go. She said maybe... but she doesn't know if she'll be in town (it's spring break next week so she might be leaving). She said she'd find out and I said cool just let me know and she said sounds good.

On Weds morning she text me "Hey, this is Jake, right?" (her contacts in her phone get screwed up occasionally.) I said "Haha yeah, good morning... what's up?" She said "Dude what's your last name so I can actaully save you to my contacts so I don't lose you again." We had a small convo and didn't talk about today at all.

Well now it's the day we might go out. Still haven't heard from her. Should I text her to find out, or wait to see if she texts me? The pros and cons are that I want to text her because I really want to go out with her... but at the same time, I don't want to run the risk of seeming clingy or like I'm a little dog humping her leg haha..

What should I do? Thanks!

• Text her today
  • Wait it out. If she doesn't text you, text her sometime in the next couple of days.
  • Wait it out. Don't text her until she texts you (but she might not text me... possibly lost my contact again, idk)

What Girls Said 1

• I would text her and ask if she's still interested in having dinner. Let her know you're still interested. Say something like "Hey, are we still on for dinner tonight? I'd love to see you before your vacation."

What Guys Said 1

• Call her, and stop this texting bullsh*t. I don't hold out much hope for you though, because she had to ask you to confirm your name and sh*t.

But seriously - texting is just too random to deal with something as important as whether or not you're going out today. Most people need/want at least 3 days notice to go out anyway.

• I had already called her once. She doesn't like talking on the phone and during our texting in the past couple of days, she says she really just ignores her phone while at school. She knew my name was Kevin. I'm just guessing that in her phone, her contacts just got lost and she was texting a number making sure it was me. She has a real phone to call with. And her texting phone is really just an iTouch app.