How could someone break up with you and make a dating profile hours later?

So my boyfriend of almost a year broke up with me after telling me how much he loved me one day, then said oh well we fight too much so broke up with me, then hours later made numerous online dating profiles. Do you think if he ever really loved me he would do that? I don't know why he really even ended things. all he said was that we fight too much, and that I don't deserve to be lied to and treated like sh*t. I'm sure he was not cheating on me, so I don't know any other explanation. any ideas?

Thanks for the answers everyone! But now there's a bigger issue. He is talking to his ex again that he was with years ago! What a slime ball

Most Helpful Girl

• my boyfriends or ex boyfriend broke up with me the day before Valentine's day and the day before he was saying he loved me and how much he couldn't wait for our date on Valentine's day. he texted me saying how he had feelings for his best friend and he thought I should understand. the next day him and her were a couple going on my Valentine's date. personally I think some guys just over use the word love and say it to make us feel compfortable until they find something better or just want to be single so they can (not trying to be offensive and say anything was wrong with you)

What Guys Said 2

• I threw my dating profiles back up hours later after breaking up with my last one. I never told her I was in love with her or anything like that though. Sometimes during a breakup there's a period of time when you feel it on the way and are already mentally moving on and the breakup itself is just closure. She was pretty much crying and I hung up the phone so happy it was all over. It may sound bad but it was for the best.

Most guys move on much faster than girls do.

• Don't worry the jokes on him. Online dating sucks for men, if he thinks he'll upgrade through that he is sorely mistaken. Men vastly outnumber women and send far more messages so he'll end up with nothing or maybe a few obese women after him. Unless he is a male model in which case he might get an average girl if he is lucky lol

Anyone who did something like that clearly has quite severe insecurities if he is that panicked about being alone straight after a break up. In short you are probably better off without him, no matter how empty that might sound right now.

What Girls Said 1

• He wants to see what other women might fit him better, maybe just wants to date. Most men don't settle that young. And don't be sure he hasn't seen anyone, he did say he doesn't want to lie to you. Men say I love you to get sex all the time, maybe that bothered him. Some love when they miss you, then when they have enough they don't love anymore, then they love again, when they want sex.

But some are genuine and in love, some not so much.