How do I get over my awkwardness on dates?

I'm wanting to ask this girl I've liked for a long whole out on a date but I know ill be awkward as all hell because I like her so much. She already knows I like too which makes it a little more awkward for me. I thought about asking her over to watcha movie but I feel like she might just think that was all to hook up. If I bring her on an actual date like to go get lunch or coffee or somthing I feel like I'd be really quiet and weird and would a screw it all up. So what do I do? Any help would be appreciated, group handouts aren't an option

Most Helpful Guy

• Walk straight towards your anxiety. You've already built this chick up in your head so playing it cool isn't really an option. You're friends. It's going to be awkward for both of you.

• p.s. I avoid awkwardness by acting on things quickly so I don't have time to make it into something it's not. Since I don't know them well I've at stake. Thus no anxieties, just two people out looking to enjoy themselves.

What Girls Said 1

• You'll need to either find a way to control the anxiety when talking to her...or if that can't be done, just let her know that you like her and are nervous because you do like her. It's not guaranteed that it will work but it will show her that you are upfront, honest, and even in a strange way confident. If you're going to be overly nervous anyway she's going to notice, so be letting that be part of your approach, you're showing her yo have nothing to hide.

What Guys Said 1

• You really should be more confident of yourself. Keep calm and let things flow naturally. Taking her out to a coffee is the best way to deal with it. Ask her questions about herself.