Dating

Is there something morally wrong with wanting to date your daughter's boyfirend's father? My daughter has been dating her boyfried for 14 months. They are 15 and 16. They are a great couple and may end up marrying someday. There has been a mutual attraction between me and the boyfriend's dad. Everytime we start getting close - more than friends - he freaks out and says it is not right. Is it wrong?!

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I would be pretty upset if my mom dated my boyfriend's father. I wouldn't let a man potentially ruin your relationship with your daughter. And what if things dont work out with your daughter and her boyfriend and they end things badly? I dont think she would want to see this boy around all the time if you date his father. I know its hard, but you can find another man, one where you won't be risking your relationship with your daughter. I sorry this is happening, and wish you the best of luck!

What Guys Said 3

• Are you both single which I presume is the case then no. In all honesty the chances are your children will not marry, not to say they won't but the odds are stacked against them. Might make Christmas day interesting in a few years grandma and grandpa chats lol I think go for it.

• JERRY JERRY JERRY

• To me, it sounds messed up. That means it might end up that step brother and sister are husband and wife? WTF !!!

What Girls Said 10

• In a way it's wrong because if you two do get deeply involved and you marry him-they will technically become sisters and brothers. Just talk it out with them before you actually jump into anything with your daughter's boyfriend's father and see how she reacts. Ask her what she would think or how would she feel?

• Wow, there's nothing wrong with that. I liked my daughter's ex- boyfriend so much that I was actually attracted to him but though he hit on me a few times and I never did anything with him for her sake, but his dad, what's the problem? He's your age and he's not her boyfriend.

• Well as an grown adult, you can make your own choices. I understand your conflicted about maybe ruining their future but if you are attracted to his dad so what? You can't control who you love, right?

• Well if you end up marrying your daughter boyfriend's father then that would make them step brother and sister. So that would be weird.

• Nah, go for it they are young they probably won't end up marrying each other and I think they made a movie about that same situation where the parents end up together in the end and the kids don't :)

• Seems like great sitcom material. Im.sorry thats happening though.

• it kind of is, but if you think it's write, go for it

• In a way, yes it is. The reason is if you and the boy's father would get married, they would become step-siblings and I feel that would be unfair to them due to it being seen as immoral to marry any form of sibling. Does that make sense?

• I would talk to your daughter first and see how serious they really are and see how she would feel about it. If they are not that serious and it would not bother her. Go for it.

• You're a girl right? If you're not, that's totally cool. But anyway, it might complicate you and your daughter's relationship. It could be awkard so I'd ask your daughter how she would feel about it.