BF texts friend with more enthusiasm than he texts me

My boyfriend is really affectionate and loving in person. But I don't like his texting habits. I've seen some of his text to his friends (with his permission, I was NOT snooping). And he texts his girl friend with more enthusiasm than he texts me. With her it's all smileys, "xoxo", and sh*t! He has assured me time and time again that she's just a good friend and he isn't even attracted to her. But I can't help but think that he likes her more than he likes me. With me it's always just couple of smileys and stuff...I'm super unhappy over this and I just don't know how to come to terms with it.

Thanks for all the answers guys. I told him that I'm really hurt by it. He kept on apologizing and stuff...I'm not really believing him, and I'm still really hurt. Guess I'll just wait and see. And that is the last time I'm gonna look at my bf's texts.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. It sure gives a kick to some guys when they text their gf's friends or friend's gfs especially in seemingly flirtatious ways - the high of the forbidden fruits

2. He's got to be made to realize it without showdowns and ultimatums (sometimes that is necessary too)

3. He's probably just unconscious about what he's doing - a normal thing to happen. Such a situation generally requires to be given a jolt to wake up :D

4. if point 2 doesn't fall in place the seemingly innocent (if he didn't think so he wouldn't let you see his texts) actions may lead to the next level

5. If he loves you enough then after a cpl of show downs and ultimatums (use only if absolutely necessary) that will act as a buzzer to jolt him out he'll probably realize and change his ways :)

6. Being emotional doesn't help - strategize it out ;)

What Guys Said 5

• If just say this sounds like just a silly miss understanding (not saying your silly but just listen)

This is my opinion okay

I don't know the whole situation but it's all up to how much he see's and likes people, if he's still good friends with this girl but doesn't see her that much then he may do it to sort of say "You know I don't see you much but you still a good friend to me." It sounds like he see's you more often and you are his girlfriend and he probably shows you he loves you a lot in real life so he knows that you know he loves you so he doesn't do it as much.

There is also the fact that it could just be a way he texts that he just does a lot of xo's to he texting is just a way of communication and the whole smiley xo thing just seems stupid to me but I do it to people who does it to me to make them feel better.

I'm not saying you are fully wrong, you say this girl was has girlfreind, I'd say if you worried just keep an eye on how he acts if you ever see him and her around each other, you never know.

But

Good Luck

And texting is stupid but its an easy to to talk to people, that's why I use it...(Got bored)

• he's already dating you so the need to be flirty/tease you has kind of worn off cause you two already know each other a are comfortable with each other. Even if a guy has a girlfriend he may still try to impress other girls. Now this doesn't mean he will cheat, he just likes the reassurance that he's still got his game.

• Tell him you'd like some more attention, ofcourse not when you're in a grumpy state. That might seem kind of desperate though... sh*t I don't know...

Best of Luck

/Max

• Who's your bf's girlfriend? You.

• If he's not trying to hide it, don't worry about it. It's nothing but what he says, a good friend.

What Girls Said 2

• Personally I wouldn't worry about it. Once you're in a relationship after a while it's just normal texting again. At least that's the way it is with my boyfriend and I. I text people different ways for different people. I guess one way to reciprocate the texting style you want from him is start texting him that way. After a while he'll just start doing it too.

• He is messed up in the head, because he doesn't have a conscious about you, meaning that he doesn't sympathize and empathize with you in the situation. He doesn't think how he would react if you did the same thing to him. If I were you, I would tell him that. Oh, and also give him an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, so he'll realize how stupid he is. Now, if he doesn't mind, then he isn't a good boyfriend to you, so you should end up breaking up with him, since you both have different life-style habits.

• Aptly put. If this guy's not a compulsive player then what you said is apt to the situation :)