Is okcupid a good online dating site?

What are your experiences with the site? I'm mainly looking to meet new people in my area.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's got more to put in profile wise for a free site. It also has a matching question system made up by users but I find the questions to be incredibly dumb sometimes, I swear I answered one that involved like eskimo creatures and stuff and it left me wondering "How is this going to help me find the love of my life?" I will say though that you're more likely to see more in depth profiles from people due to the layout of the site so you'll have a better idea of who you could be messaging compared to pof.com.

I don't find the girls on there to be any different from pof.com on the other hand when I've met them in person. I've gone on dates and found the same types of girls from both sites. It's got the same complaints also from people. Girls get bombarded with messages if they look even somewhat attractive and guys complain that girls don't reply to their messages. I know of a girl in person who told me she was getting 50 messages a day.

What Guys Said 9

• I met my girlfriend there but I wouldn't say its a very easy site to meet people. I had a mostly positive experience there but it is hard to get the people you want talking to you to talk to you

• OkCupid is an OK site. It gives you opportunities to chat up and possibly date girls.

For me, it doesn't work that great. It seems that I have a lot of chances when dealing with girls in my area personally.

• For me OkCupid is not a good site because there is not much of girls from my area. After a while I kind of went through the whole list of girls they have in my area.

• I did go through the list of people locally for me as well :/

• wait, isn't that a good thing though?

• it is bad if you can't find a suitable person you want in the list.

• I tried it for a bit and I didn't get any luck on it. But I've heard of a few cases where it worked for people.

• Overall positive. I haven't met a girlfriend on there yet, but I've met a few friends on there. I don't talk to most of them now, but they were good experiences for me to get practice with socializing and dating at the time. I currently don't have my account up, but I think, honestly, you get out what you put into it.

• It is a decent one. I've had few genuine girls messaged me and I did for a few, too. I'm not sure how is it for girls.

• omegle is very good :D

• lol, absolutely not for guys... for girls, maybe? although lots of lame people.

• If you want to meet people in your area, why don't you just leave the house and go meet people in your area?

What Girls Said 3

• its where I met my boyfriend :)

• I don't think it's terrible! I used it and met my last boyfriend there. You just have to be careful because creepy people will message you weird things. I think it's a good site if used correctly. I'd say use caution in meeting up with people, but that it really can't hurt to try it. I usually talk to people online for a few weeks, then add them to fb, then get their number and then consider meeting up.

• I met my current boyfriend on there, and my ex boyfriend. Went on a couple dates with guys from there too. It's okay, pretty interesting too. You can answer different types of questions, which people can see as well as see other peoples answer to the questions. That's the only thing I found fun lol but it is better than like plenty of fish is my opinion