How long do you wait to text / call after a date? What do you want / not want to hear?

Just curious what girls think on this, do you guys like to be called or texted after a date (not necessarily the first date) and told he had a good time with you... or what is it you're looking to hear?

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG THIS QUESTION IS SIMIILIAR TO MINE BUT I AM OF THE OPPOSITE SEX SO I CAN TOTALLY ANSWER URS AND HOPE THAT YOU CAN HELP ME WITH MINE! HAHAHA

Anyway, as a girl (mid 20s), I would say that I like to be texted 'had fun the other day! we should do it again sometime' (something along those lines) not the day of cause it sounds clingy or desperate but the day after or even better: the day after that! So if you went out on Friday text her on Saturday or even on Sunday! Monday would be pushing it but still be acceptable...and Tuesday is too late unless you had a good reason (i.e., very busy with work) in which case you say: Been so swamped with work lately but I had fun last time we went out, we should do it again sometime!

Please answer mine!

What Girls Said 5

• Them: Hey, I had fun last night :)

Me: Yeah, me too (if I did).

What I'm thinking: Okay, well THAT was a pointless waste of 20 cents.

A majority of girls aren't in this boat with me, but it makes little difference to me. Seems kind of pointless when the person just says they had fun (unless you had LOADS of fun together and you want them to know you're still thinking about it). Personally the only reason it'd matter to me is if the person would like to either:

a) Set up another date.

b) Let me know they didn't really see it working out between us.

• Um just something simple like "I had a great time, can't wait to see you again" or if you didn't enjoy pick up the phone and say so. Nothing after drives me F***ing crazy.

• Well, it surely depends on how the date went. If you felt she did enjoy her time, then you definitely text her. Maybe comment on something funny that happened earlier, and say you had a nice time.

• Depends on the vibe between you..don't analyse it too much, just text her!

• i would like him to call and say he had a good time, text at the very least but call is better as long as the date went well, and within 24 hours for sure! if it was the third date it is best to do it the same day.

What Guys Said 3

• I tell the girl at the end of the date that I had a good time and would like to do this again. if I'm not in contact with her through work or school I'll text in the next few days to set up date #2

• Ok a guy told me the exact same things as you're saying. we went out on Friday, its Sunday now and he hasn't been in contact for another date, how long do I leave it before moving on?

• Have you guys texted each other since Friday?If you haven't been texting then he might feel that you aren't interested either. If you want another date you should at least text him ( the simple stuff like "how was you day"etc). It really doesn't matter who initiates. For your question it depends on how often you see each other, but you could wait up to a week from your date ( ave. 3/4 days after date)

• That will really work a lot. You should text her after a date and tell that you had a great time.

Assuring her this will also give you a chance for more dates with her, pushing it all the way into a relationship.

• Depends how quickly things are moving.