Girls: Do you ever initiate texts?

Mainly a question for girls. Do you ever initiate texts with a guy? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• i do but you never text back lol jk.

your question is kinda confusing...are you talking about a girl you met in a bar...

after a date...

your gf...

these would have diff. answers

What Girls Said 11

• I try to keep it fairly equal in terms of who starts the texts with anyone I know - the only exceptions being important information or if I really miss them.

• Depends. I prefer the other person to take the initiative because I'm rather shy (although I might not look like it). After a while I'm the one who has to control the conversation because people DON'T ASK ANY GODDAMN QUESTIONS or just use fillers like 'yeah', 'oh', 'ooh', 'hm'. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WORK WITH THAT SHIT? It's like they're saying 'oh, I don't have any interest in this conversation, you speak'. And when I don't reply they're all surprised. God. People, why?

• Once I trust a guy it may become 50/50. But if not, I won't see genuine interest if he doesn't frequently try to keep in contact usually starts at about 25/75 then maybe goes up.

• Yes i do but most guys are autistic in starting a convo

• YES! but only if I am interested. Or if its friends then it doesn't matter at all.. But if its a guy I know could be interested in me and I am not. Then I dont. Infact I ignore his messages as much as I can.

• Yes I do. If I feel like talking to a guy I'm going to talk to him and that's that. (Especially if he's my man.)

• the only guy I really text is my ex. I used to start the conversation all the time but then I started to think I was annoying him so I stopped. now its around 50/50. maybe he does text first a little bit more than me but the only reason for that is because I think if he wants to talk to me then he'll initiate the conversation, if he doesn't text me then he's either busy or doesn't want to talk

• Yeah of course, with a friend or someone I like. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

• Yes, when I am really interested in someone, I initiate to start up a conversation. It does not mean being aggressive but its because I feel inspired whenever I talk to someone special. :)) Somehow, I am shy because they might think differently since I'm the girl and society commonly says that girls aren't supposed to do "THE CHASE".. but sometimes, its better to be in contrast to that belief rather than regretting the chance of getting to talk with them. :))

• Yes I have no problem initiating texts.

• I only test first if I am comfortable with the guy and I have know them for awhile. If I just met them for the first time and just gave them my number I let the guy text me first them I know they are interested in me.

What Guys Said 1

• My experience has been that they either do it when they really, really, really like you and are very comfortable with you (which means, that you've know each other for a long time and you, the guy, has always initiate the text) or they are just very very desperate (for sex or relationship - most of the girls I talk to during the day seem to be extremely desperate for a relationship)