If a guy is interested could he still be passive about it?

So I think this guy is cute. We've been close friends for several years but we've dated other people at different times and until recently we weren't single at the same time, although I have always found him kind of cute. I keep thinking that he's interested, but then it's hard to say.

We text almost daily about random things although when we're busy we skip an odd day or two once in a while. The thing is, I almost always initiate texts. When I don't text or when we don't see each other for a while he sometimes initiates, but it's usually me who has something to say first. But then we'd keep the texts going for a good 30 minutes to an hour at least, which I don't think you would do unless you were interested. He also sounds flirty saying things like "you silly face why don't you come see me more often"

But maybe he just feels that comfortable around me? We've been shopping together and out to the movies and stuff before by ourselves, without feeling that it was a date. So I can't tell if we're just really good friends or not. What do you think?

Oh also we really click. When I see him in person (we work in the same company different departments) we've stayed at work until like 8pm just chatting about random things even though we normally go home at like 5.

If I want to let him know that I'm interested without coming on too strong (I don't want to jeopardize our friendship) what can I do besides flirty texts?

What Guys Said 1

• It's clear that he's really into you. Your relationship is going well, and one of you just need to convey their feelings to the other person as to make the relationship official.

It seems like he's really enjoying his time with you, and loves the chemistry that's bonding the two of you strongly.

What Girls Said 1

• He could be one of those guys who is passive and prefers the girl asks him out. I would bring up the subject gently in person, and say you think he's a fun person, you enjoy his company a lot and would like to try dating to see how it goes. Then see how he reacts. If he doesn't feel the same, you both can decide whether or not to keep the friendship. I think it's fair that he knows, though, so you don't feel cheated and in the "friend zone" while he's oblivious.