Dating a girl with a kid... pros and cons?

So I never dated anyone with a kid before, but this new girl I met has a 5 year old boy , dad not in picture. The thing is she's been pushing this kid on me from the beginning and the kid said he loved me when I met him for 5 minutes! Now we do everthing with the kid and she wants him to sleep over at my place. Should I cut and run, or not a big deal in long run?

Most Helpful Girl

• Why don't you try talking to her? Be honest, say that your interested in her and you know she's a package deal with her son but it's also overwhelming for it to be brought on so fast. But if she is a full time mom, then it may be hard for her to spend time with you apart from her son.

I went through this as well, although I would not introduce my son until after 6 months I was with my boyfriend. We either hung out when I had a sitter or when my son went to bed he would come over. Maybe mention things like that?

If she's mature enough, she will understand that it's a big step for a non parent to come into a situation like this. If you like her and her child, I wouldn't run. My boyfriend and I have been together now almost 6 years and he loves my son, they are best buddies and we all live together. It's a great thing, don't push it away for the wrong reasons.

What Girls Said 1

• If you don't plan on being the father figure, I would cut it off with her. It sounds like she is pushing that responsibility on you but its up to you.

What Guys Said 2

• i feel sorry for her son. no, you should not be forced into a role (father) for which you are not ready. seems like she may be desparate for her boy to have a father figure. it's a shame, but it seems like she's going way too fast. I don't care how good the sex is, please think about the boy. if you don't see a future with her, break up before he gets too attached. and fwiw, she seems to have her priorities screwed up if she's introducing her child to a guy she just met

• If you're not comfortable having the kid around, you should just cut it off with her.