I am 23 and 29 female, is it okay to date a female older than me?

I notice females around my age are not really serious, some. But seems they carry to much drama. I have been single for a month and half. Reason, she wasn't fair as 50/50, she just wanted me to pay every single thing for her. I expected her to show caring like example hey babe lets go to the movies is on me. But no even her parents bring the old traditions style dating, really doesn't fit today days. More like I was dating her family than her.

Anyways, we have been chatting and she seem to be mature, also came out of a break up. No kids and lives with her parents. She works at a dealer shop. I am almost finishing my career to join the police academy/law enforcement.

I am done with this drama, like another female I met online she 23 loves this rich dude but cheats on her. Basically they are not meant to be. I tried to help but I got tired because she kept insisting being with him. Gold dig. Do you see my point.

Right now we are just friends only with 29 and she agreed to take things slowly no rush. if we click in than we move to the next step.

Another female also 23 I met online, and my post was about seriously friendship and serious ltr(long term relationship). That she wanted to change, getting laid just to go out. I was like -___- no thanks. If she is like that just imagine, she could cheat on me and pretend she change. So no. Do see all this drama stuff going on.

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with what everyone said here...I'm confused as too how much girls you are meeting right now so it seems like you're seeing more than 2 girls at the same time? It sounds like its making this more dramatic than it seems...

You're an adult...she's an adult. If you're both mature about the situation, accept the age difference, and respect/understand each others' phase in their life, then there's nothing wrong with it. You can date old, young...whatever floats your boat. People will judge but so what? If you love each other than that's great! It's only a 5-ish year difference anyways. My grandma and grandpa had a 10 year difference.

• Yeah and I have thought about it thanks a lot. I mean she seems to be mature and I need to get off from this stupid drama that I am sick of it. I just want someone to establish a solid relationship and she seem to be serious about it, getting to know more about each other. So yeah, I mean even my parents are 6 years different apart and they have been marry for 26-27 years. Alright thanks for the advice.

What Girls Said 2

• Dating someone older (assuming you're both above the age of consent, of course) is just fine. Nothing wrong with it. The reason most people avoid it is because they don't usually have anything in common. Different life stages and all. If you find someone (older) you do click with though, I say go for it.

Females sometimes date/click with older guys because they're more mature. It's pretty common, especially the older you get, the less age difference generally matters.

• It's your life only YOU have the right to choose what's right and wrong for you, make your own decisions. Just don't date someone old enough to be your mother and young enough to be your sister.

What Guys Said 2

• you're an adult, she's an adult. so who the f*ck cares what anyone else thinks. live your life.

• Why would it not be "ok"? Are you not a 23 year old man capable of making your own decisions?