Why keep in contact?

So this dude and I had a one night stand about three years ago. Then hooked up again about a year ago and almost started dating. We spent a couple weeks acting like we were dating, going out to eat, spending a large amounts of time together and what not. Then we just stopped talking one day. Neither one of us put effort into trying to text or call. But every couple months (4 or 5) he will get a hold of me. We will just talk about music and concerts and how sh*t is in our lives. I've just never had a fling keep in contact and wonder if there is a reason why.

Most Helpful Guy

• eh, I can't really tell you the exact reason for why he does that. However, there is a girl that I know that I randomly speak to every other month and then stop talking for another month or two. It's not that I don't like her or I don't want to talk to her or anything. It's just how I share my relationship with her, if she wants to talk to me she is more than welcome to text me too.

It's just how our relationship "maps out".

What Guys Said 2

• It's because he doesn't want to lead you on, and he only wants you to be a friend with benefits for him.

• He probably is interested in you if he keeps in touch.

What Girls Said 1

• I think he wants to keep you as a possible f*ck-buddy.