How do you define your "type" when it comes to dating and relations?

"He/She is definitely my type"

"To be honest, he/she isn't my type"

-----

Simply put, in all phases (physical, personality, style, etc.) what IS your type?

Be as detailed as you wish.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really have a specific type. As long as the guy looks healthy and doesn't dress like a hobo, I'm basically fine with anything appearance-wise. As for personality, I simply like guys who treat me well, are positive and have good morals. But I have to admit, I can't stand guys who can't have fun or can't take a joke. That's about it, really.

But I have noticed that I'm a sucker for thick, dark brown hair. Something "fluffy" I can play with and brush my fingers through... that's just the best! But that doesn't mean I won't even take a look at someone who has, say, thinner blond hair. I think it's good to have some kind of standard when it comes to dating and relationships (just to protect yourself from douche bags/nutcases etc), but it shouldn't become a checklist. It shouldn't become a routine, you can't just be all like "oh, I can't date him because he doesn't have brown eyes/enough muscles/isn't tall enough" etc. That's just rude, and it's something that will make you end up alone because you simply can't find mr/ms "perfect" according to your checklist.

What Girls Said 24

• I describe my usual type as the "artistic nerd." It seems like every boy I'm attracted to has some creative talent/skill (drawing, singing, acting, playing an instrument) and is also some form of nerd (usually a video game nerd). These are the boys I usually have as friends and sometimes end up dating.

• Country boys are definitely my type, I like good old boys that still have respect for woman and treat them well, has good values and traditions, family is pretty important to me so someone who is a family guy is really nice, hilarious is great, genuine and honest, straightforward and takes me into consideration before anything that involves me. To me it's the basics but having the same beliefs and feelings about things is really what I look for

• I don't think I have a physical 'type' I just have to find them attractive in THAT way - and physically I don't know what contributes to that because all the guys I've been interested in, have looked very different. But I have found them all attractive.

Personality:

Easy going. This is a must.

Funny.

Not too into me - or openly into me anyway.

A bit aloof.

Sarcastic.

I don't know - just someone I click with. I don't like it when a guy's all gushy and romantic, especially early on. For me it's a massive turn off.

• Guys:

Physical Type - Tall (Min. 5'11"), Black, Dark Skin, Big Lips, Deep Eyes, Not Too Skinny, Not Too Overweight To The Point If Something's Wrong Need four Men To Help Lift You To Take You To The Hospital, Facial Hair (Beard from Trimmed to Duck Dynasty), Nice Smile, Glasses, Deep Voice, Big D*ck, Nice Balls, Trimmed Pubes. Oh And No Perms -_-

Personality - Assertive, Honest (not brutally), Ambitious, Intellectual, Spiritual, Attentive, Respectful, Understanding, Loves To Laugh, Can Say How They Feel, Manly, Not Too Feminine, Loves Kids, Wants Kids, Can Slow Dance, Likes To Go Places, Has a Smart Mouth, Down With G o d. Likes To Provide, Isn't Sexist, Likes Sex...Almost Anywhere At Almost Anytime, Willing To Do Anal, Likes Threesomes, Sense Of Humor.

Style - Anywhere From Hardened Hood Guy, Smarticle Particles College Boy, Neo/Soul Earth Tones Witty Guy, Poindexter/Nerd, Quiet Nice Guy, Guy With Low Pay But Drive And Ambition, Rich Guy With A Good Work Ethic. <3

Girls:

Physical - Height Min. 4'11" max. 5'6" Tanned/Caramel Skin, Plump Lips, Deep Eyes, Not Too Skinny, Not Bigger Than Me, Big Hips, Thick Thighs, Big Breasts, Big Booty, No Facial Hair o.0, Nice Smile, Trimmed to No Pubes, Well Kept Hair, Inner Labia Not Hanging Out. -_- (hate that)

Personality - Honest (not brutally), Ambitious, Intellectual, Spiritual, Attentive, Respectful, Understanding, Loves To Laugh, Can Say How They Feel, Feminine Not Too Manly, Loves Kids, Wants Kids, Can Slow Dance, Likes To Go Places, Has a Smart Mouth, Down With G o d. Likes Sex... At Almost Anytime, Willing To Do Anal, Likes Threesomes, Sense Of Humor.

Style - Anywhere from, Punk-ish Rocker, Ghetto Barbie, Nerdy Quiet Girl, Loud Hyper, to Earthy Tree Loving, But I Don't Do Studs. I'm Fem4Fem <3

• Does he HAVE to have a big d*ck? :-P

• It doesn't have to be "omg p*rnstar" big, but definitely not small. And lately that is somewhat hard to find. But not too hard because I tend to find it :)

• I don't have a type, I just know without much thought if someone is or isn't right for me...I've been attracted to such a huge variety of people that there is no category that they all fit into.

I've said that someone "wasn't my type" before, but it was just a quick way for me to say why someone didn't feel right for me.

There is one thing though that will get my attention without fail, and that is having long hair.

• He is my type: Kind of quiet, has a sense of individuality, personal style and interests and beliefs, not afraid to be himself, thoughtful, smart, sweet, nice, caring, treats me well.

He isn't my type: Basically all those guys who sag their pants and walk funny and wear sideways hats. Yeah, I avoid those types.

• My "type" is someone who in intelligent, open minded, experienced in life enough to have actual substance. I cannot stand people (male or female) who have no substance. I can admire a nice body or a handsome face but it will turn me off if their personality is well... absent.

For females (purely sexual), I like them to be kind of Tom boyish but still really pretty in the face. I like petite blondes and Asian girls.

For males, I like tall men with broad shoulders and sad eyes. I like a nice strong jawline and an interesting nose. I don't like guys that are too buff, it kind of grosses me out.

What is YOUR type?

• I love to laugh, if a guy can make me do that and join in as well, that's a great start. He has to enjoy football! I feel weird when games come on and my guy doesn't care or wants to leave, no!! Lol I like shared interests but it's great being introduced to new things too. I guess my type would be an outdoorsy, adventurous, sports fan with a sense of humor..

• Favorite question. Tall, calm, confident, able to communicate his ideas with clarity and weight but not overly hyper. Preferably lean and muscular. Dark hair and thick rim glasses are appreciated. Rather serious during the day, sex machine in private.

• Personality:

Nice

Funny

Can get a along with others

Patient

Good character

Willing to work (motivated) (not a job but also in just doing simple tasks)

Physical:

I don't have a type. I have found guys with all different looks attractive.

A lot of times I don't even actually see how you look because I find you interesting and just love your personality.

• Straight up nerdy.

• A guy who respect me, who have charisma, who have conversation and kind. After physically fit, nice face (eyes very important)

• Are you attracted to this person? Do you see your self with this person? Yes? She's your type

• My feeling often go with "Fit, tall, nice smile, witty and talk nicely".

• How DARE you demand that your guy be fit!

Prepare for other guys on here to flame you lol :-P

• lol sorry for being visual but "fit" just means he looks manly for a man, I didn't ask for him to be like Becks anw >.<

• Patience is a must. Nerdiness as well or else I won't be comfortable . Looks wise just not too short (5'7" is Max for short) kind and moral. That's it really.

• Not an a hole, taller then me or near my hight(I'm 6ft), athletic, funny, etc

• He has to be shy and not that much into his look ( like he doesn't dress to impress ) mysterious and caring .

• Nerds. Smart but alittle awkward

• The guys I like/dated tend to be tall (over 6 feet). A very cute smile, nice teeth/lips. Short hair and glasses.
    Hair and eye color don't matter to me.
    And for some reason I keep liking guys who are finance majors? This has happened to me so many times i don't even know how i keep meeting finance majors lol. I never know they are until they tell me haha

• PHYSICAL TRAITS I LIKE: tall, nice teeth, long dreads, black, mixed Latino, tattoos, toned muscles, thick lips, wavy/curly hair, deep voice, facial hair

PERSONALITY TRAITS I LIKE: intelligent, errs on the side of more traditionally masculine, tough, macho, protective, caring, good listener, charismatic, good conversation, not goofy, honest, edgy, semi risk taker, outgoing, ambitious, patient, considerate, assertive

STYLE: hood, hypebeast, hood/hipster (think Kid Cudi/Wiz Khalifa)

• you do realize that "charismatic & good conversation" and "not goofy" contradict!

Are you sure you want a uber-serious guy that doesn't have ANY lighthearted-ness in him?

• I don't really have a type. If you lined up my ex-boyfriends side by side, you'd probably never be able to guess that they all dated the same woman, haha! Some were funny and outgoing, some were quiet and shy. Some were "cool", some were geeky. Some were tall and skinny, some were short and thick, one was muscular. Different religions, some with no religion, different races/cultures. I liked something in each of them, and it was usually different for each.

I like all different kinds of people, for different reasons.

• A sexy tallish guy with a natural tan skinned like Latin men but doesn't have to be a Latin man, dark black shiny hair, a great smile, and just beautiful eyes. Doesn't matter what color his eyes are but if it's like hazel, that's a plus! He has to know how to dress, like absolutely no pants falling down his butt, and a guy who likes to wear other than sneakers! I would prefer the shy type of guys because at least I know they won't be obnoxious because they know they are good looking .

• I have a type, certainly. When I was younger, I never thought I'd have one, but oh man, do I.

Blonde hair and blue eyes. That's basically the whole thing, physically, at least. There are other physical characteristics I find attractive but are not needed for attraction.

As for personality, I like a laid back fun loving kind of guy with good morals and admittedly, I like the confident/borderline cocky streak. I enjoy the challenge that that particular characteristic brings to a relationship. I'm also a sucker for the super smart ones.

• a few years older

smart and well educated

someone who is a thinker, has depth and intensity

sarcasm

dark hair with gel

not fat but not skinny-wide shoulders

What Guys Said 11

• Physically I don't really have a specific type, as there's beauty that varies between races and features. I guess to narrow it down, I prefer naturally born women who are shorter in stature, somewhat height to weight proportionate (not to anorexic or not to obese), with small round faces with beautiful eyes that require little to no make-up. Her teeth doesn't have to be bleach white, but can't be deep yellow. She has medium to long length dark colored bone straight hair. Skin tone can't be too pale (unless she's Asian and has a porcelain tone) and can't be too dark, perhaps like a morena or brown color. Her voice should be feminine, but not squeaky high pitched and not to "husky." Her age should be within 8-10 years of my age.

Physical traits I dislike: Cosmetic surgery, i.e facial surgery, breast implants, etc. No tattoos or body piercings (except normal earrings, but non of that earring gauging stuff.) Women who border or are anorexic or obese. Excessive make-up to include tattooed eyebrows. Sorry I can't get into the Tammy Faye Baker look. No gold teeth or mouth jewelry.

Personality: I like women who are intelligent, educated, with common sense, with a good balance of logical and emotional but no extremes to either side. She is warmhearted, fun loving, understanding, have excellent communication skills. Carries herself like a lady. Great organizer and can prioritize well. She can be thee life of the party with great charisma or she can just blend well among the crowd. Has strong family values and is an equal participant in decisions regarding family. She also has solid moral character.

Personality dislikes: I don't like women who dress too provocatively, are loud, drama seekers who place more emphasis on material things than things of importance. Is too dependent with no sense of direction regarding life. I have a strong dislike for women who are into illicit drugs.

Style: I love a woman who can vary her look but maintain a more of a somewhat conservative look. Nothing too flamboyant or too conservative. I'm guessing she is more of a trendy nerdy type.

Style dislikes: I can't get into that goth look or the punk look. T shirts and sweats are okay around the house, but not to go out in public in, unless she's jogging or working out. Anything that displays more skin than covers up.

• She's someone I can feel comfortable and cozy around - she's good at handling conversations, she's sweet and polite, she may be either extrovert or introvert or something in between, she is not stuck-up or snobby, she doesn't smoke, drink or 'party hard', she's normal, sensible, down-to-earth girl without some freaky obsessions for example veganism, weird political movements, sectarianism and so on, she's feminine and takes care of her appearance yet doesn't overdo it, she's not a 'serial dater' or with a colorful 'past' in the slightest, she likes traveling, music and to some degree sports, she's not someone who chronically always is quite busy, the relationship is a high priority to her, she's not an "I may want but I don't need a man" -kind of woman, she may 'save herself' for marriage yet she's not a complete prude or unaffectionate, she may be 'light-headed' and bubbly, she got good sense of humour, etc.

As for appearance, I got slight (!) preference for blondes and strong preference to curvy/thick/hourglass-shaped figures, also I prefer girls who got soft, delicate, feminine faces, without sharp angles, her height is absolutely irrelevant to me, I like high-pitched voices, even very high-pitched much much better than medium-pitched or (god forbid) even lower-pitched voices, I prefer her age to be as close as possible to my age, but from 18 and up to +4 years of my age is alright

That's my 'perfect type' - in quite deep detail

• She must have a torso and a head.

• I stopped with this whole check-list business when in my senior year of high school I fell who a girl who wasn't my "type". It opened my mind. Now I just meet a girl and if we click then we click and we will move on

• I have a few types I guess you could stay.

With style. I really like a sort of casual Gothic style. Black, and maybe some heavy eye makeup or dyed hair, but not the piercings and platform shoes.

Or completely the opposite, I do appreciate a classy lady as well.

With personality. I generally am more attracted to girls who aren't emotional basket cases. That's my job. Just about every girl I've dated has been feminine in her dress, speech and interests, but has always been very stable emotionally I've never really wanted to date a girl that I couldn't see as a bro if we weren't dating.

Physically. I do like a slimmer athletic girl. That is to say, a girl who is thin because she plays basketball on the weekends not because she refuses to eat an egg yolk. Anorexia is not charming to me at all. But neither is obesity

I like round faces generally. If a girls face is hollow, that to me is a turn off. But again, that's usually due to self starvation more then anything else.

• I have found the girl of my dreams to a T...if only.

This is what she says:

She really does have a killer personality, not just saying that.

She's pretty damn funny

She' s a bit of nerd

She's a straight up, no games kind of girl

She has tattoos (i'm a sucker for)

She has these gorgeous green eyes.

• Dark hair, pretty face and brown eyes, good body... the right mix of "cute" and "hot" if that makes sense... and a great, more mature/refined personality. A girl that stands out. :)

• Smart and cute. I don't have patience for stupid people and I'm not going to date someone I don't at least find mildly attractive.

• a pretty face

straight long hair

average body type or can exceed average a little

most importantly she must know where and when to act emotional and where and when to act logical and must keep the balance between them

• any girl who is attracted to me =no one . I hate being ugly :'(

• I don't really have a type. Not defined anyway. I just sorta have girls I would say aren't my type. Meaning I think they're attractive enough, just not what I'm looking for at the time, or just plainly not what I'm interested in.