Girls: Would you date a guy if he was rich but a jerk?

I am just curious. I was dating a guy that I found very handsome, smart, well read, and comes from a well off family. However, he is a jerk. He was a jerk when we were growing up as kids and it seems as though he hasn't changed through the years. He pushes me to do things I am not comfortable with (kissing, sex, etc) as well as only asks to hang out at his convenience and not mine. I was wondering, if he had all the great qualities but was still a jerk, would you date him?

Most Helpful Guy

• So in other words, he's perfect. He's good looking, smart, RICH, and a jerk? Oh that is game on for you! All your friends will be jealous. Wonder how long you'll last trying to "change" him? But my question is, when will women understand that jerks always remain jerks and never change?

• do you consider yourself a jerk? you're acting like one.

• at least you know...

• That's an awfully visceral reaction, and big talk from a guy on "Anonymous."

I'm not going to say the words "classic overcompensation" because I'm sure you're not so emotionally unstable as to be so easily baited.

What Guys Said 2

• Hahaha I am rich, smart, handsome, and also a jerk. I'm laughing at your question.

• I hope every girl wouldn't date that guy but unfortunately I'm sure some will

What Girls Said 12

• Nope. I don't date jerks. If he expects me to treat him like a king, he better be treating me like a queen.

• I respect myself way too much to date jerks. Last time I checked, it was the year 2013 and I could make myself rich so why date a guy just because he is. I would think that would make me a prostitute, especially if I did not really like him.

• You can give a try lol

My boyfriend is like that. He has douche bag feeling look (I guess you kno what I'm talking about lol), he can be real naughty or not nice to people.. he doesn't care and he doesn't even think that's being mean. But he's good looking, makes good money, takes care of himself.. it just he is a jerk lol but he never was being jerk to me tho. He takes care of me always affectionate and be nice.. I never felt him being jerk to me at all.

Because a guy is a jerk that doesn't mean he's emotionless or something. Jerk will still be nice to someone he likes.

it all depends on guys. Bc a guy is nice and sweet and humble, that doesn't mean he's going to treat his girl right or better than jerks. People are just people and we all different. You should just see if he's the right guy for you. If he keeps asking you that you are not comfy with, you should talk to him about it. Maybe you guys are not compatible in that part and if he keeps asking, either it has to be that way for him to fulfill his needs or he doesn't respect, care for you. Talk to him. Convo is a key and give him a chance just don't assume and stereotype jerks lol

• N also, I had to stick w his schedule too because he's real busy doesn't really have flexible or certain set times at work. But I just leave it that way because I'm not busy like him and I hav more flexible time. Then again, if you are not happy w it, talk to him. If he can't change that, then you gotta understand and stick with it or he's not the one for you. Well try to be unavailable or set a date in your convenient time too. If he hates complains and leaves, let him do so.

• Girls: Would you date a guy if he was rich but a jerk?

Yes as rich guys are an effective way for me to save my money and my opinion most guys are jerks and the ones that aren't jerks are generally only because they can't afford to be not because they want to be.

• um... rich guys... I don't really like rich guys. because the ones I've met all have a "lets face it. you need me." personality and always start a sentence with "do you want?" or "i can buy you" and I hate it. but it depends on the level of jerky. I like to be teased and stuff like middle school teasing...lol but not outright mean.

• No. But I would date a poor jerk

• It doesn't sound like you like him and you want to date him to please your family, don't do it , it doesn't sound like he can make you happy.

• I would string him along and try to see if he'd buy me stuff, all while keeping him at a distance. I would kiss him but would not have sex with him. Eventually he'd get tired of this and drop me, but at least you'd have gotten some nice dates and maybe gifts out of it before he breaks up with u.

• No , I can' stand jerks . That would get on my nerves , I can get my own money .

• No, I don't want to date a jerk. It's a huge turn off and a deal breaker.

• no,i've made that mistake before.

• I think I would but if it comes to the poin when he's disrespectful no. But I would also give him a taste of his own medicine et him know how it fells. Also don't try falling for him because the way he's acting you may not want to stay with him for long