Have you ever liked somebody, then heard something about them that from a friend that turned you right off?

This happened to me today actually. I was at work and there is a younger girl that I believed used to like me, and possibly still does, but I've heard about some thing she did that make me feel like shed be a bad date or be bad/hard to be in a relarionship with her because of her personality.

Did you still like the person after? Did you try to date them anyway, dispite what you heard about them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. I had a boyfriend in high school who cheated on me and ended up dumping me for a slutbag. And to justify it he told everyone that I had been physically abusive, even though it wasn't true. But do you think anyone wanted to go out with me after that? Hell no. The only guy who I liked who was willing to be with me after that was this kid who was a grade younger and was conveniently living under a rock.

Just remember that when someone tells you something, it may be a lie or a rumor. Or it could have been true in the past but they aren't like that anymore. So you should give her a chance, or at least ask her about it yourself.

What Girls Said 6

• If its something that you can change then yeah, I'd be cool with it. If it were something like "she killed her last boyfriend" then I'd maybe reconsider it. Relationships aren't about finding the perfect person, they're about normal people growing into what they want to be.

• Happened to me plenty of times. I will usually try to get their background through someone else. If I hear they are a party guy or other information that keeps me from taking them seriously, that will affect how I approach him. I would probably still flirt and pursue him for fun, but not as a boyfriend.

• Consider the source. I wouldn't get with a guy when I was in high school so he told everyone I had STDs...

Relationships aren't one person; we react differently with different people.

If you like her, give her a chance! You won'tknow until you try. What if that person is wrong? You'd miss out on her for nothing!

• if the source is a girl it could be a jealous crush or if male he could like her and want to put you off. Ether way someone that likes to talk about other peoples business behind their backs looses respect with me. Don't judge her before you get to know her, if you are worried but still like her give her a chance but keep your guard up. You will find out if they were being truthful soon enough.

• yes, I once liked this guy his laugh attracted me then my friend told me he wasn't funny and humor is very important

• idk I would consider the source. I mean I've met people (guys) who I liked and then hear other people trash talk about them. what I learned is that those people who talked trash about the person I liked was actually jealous that I like him and not them. I really hate when that happens.

What Guys Said 2

• Probably once or twice, I can't recall the exact thing but It would turn me off hearing it but I would try to judge for myself by encountering the issues when they show up.

Its debatable, whether the person hooked up before while they were single or has a weird bug collection, different things cause all kinds of reactions out of people.

I'm sure I have turned off people when they learned something about me when they liked me from the get go, I could appear very suave and chilled out but I do MMA has a hobby.

We shouldn't try to change ourselves for the sake of a relationship, IT will only lead to issues anyway, whether, externally, internally or both.

• Gossip is Gossip.

If I really like her, I could care less what people say about her. I am "open minded".