Why are American men p******?

First of all, I am American, and have grown up in America. I expect a ton of bashing coming from American men, saying, "I'm not a p****!" Perhaps, you could analyze other American men that you know are p******. Still, I hear over and over from foreign women who complain that American men are not aggressive at all when dealing with women that they are attracted to. "In my country, men NEVER date me without at least trying to kiss me. Relationships progress very quick in my home country."

FWIW, I am a p**** as well when it comes to picking up women. And even, forget about picking up strangers. I am a p**** even when it comes to dating women that are not strangers. So, I am hoping even to learn something more about myself too.

But the fact remain, that I hear this constantly from foreign women when they are comparing American men compared to the men of their various home countries.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• No dude get the same thing, from American girls themselves too. I've heard the word effeminate (seriously) and no backbone couple of times. I also hear how black guys are more confident and assertive. All you gotta do is give them a hint and they immediately act on it. This is white girls saying it.

On occasion I've even seen black girls say they don't date white guys because they don't have swagger.

So one has to ask what the hell is going on. Why do American white guys lack confidence, backbone, why they're not assertive. Why are they so scared. Guys need to grow a freakin pair and man the hell up dudes. The guy is totally right. All you gotta do is see how white guys act around girls.

I'd be really interested in what girls say, hope they'll be blunt and candid.

• Because we've been DEMONIZED... by society. There's this collective perception that white men are pedophiles and sex-fiends, and we cannot even idly chat with women without this issue coming up...

What Girls Said 2

• Why are American men p******?

Different opinions as I find American guys to be loud, overbearing, stubborn, and selfish which doesn't adhere to the p*ssy image of weak and cowardly.

What do you think?

I think it's more of American guys not being a p*ssy but being less inclined to put themselves in situations where there isn't a 100% rate of success as they dislike sexual rejection. As well as in my opinion most American guys being entitled as many guys I know think they should get what they want handed to them simply because they have a d*ck.

• Are what?

What Guys Said 6

• It's because we have been conditioned to be wusses. A couple examples:

1. On TV shows the man is always portrayed as the bumbling idiot and the woman is smart, strong and in control.

2. The feminist movement taught men to stop acting like men and it taught women to do everything for themselves and they don't need a man doing things for them.

That's why it's hard for us to be men nowadays.

• get sick and tired on how us guys are judged like that

• Could you please elaborate?

• it's that life and society expect us guys to Toughen it up all the time and take responsibility for everything

• Why are you so arrogant about nothing ?

• Is this directed at me? If so, what's arrogant about the question?

• I'm a Black guy, and girls HATE that Black guys approach them so much. So I do the exact opposite.

But who are you to complain? Unless you're trying to get the D.

• Wxact opposite what you mean? Lol Does it work.

Unless you're trying to get D. No idea what you mean here

• No, girls really don't like black guys. I guess it's that way for all guys they find unattractive, though.

• Aka, you're the creeper because you're staring across the room...

Unless the guy who happens to be the one looking looks like Brad Pitt. Then it's all good!

• If a man for a second feels like he may be out of a woman's league he's interested in, he'll think twice about approaching her. It's the fear of rejection, and it's something I had to overcome or at least try to a few years back when I was interested in a girl I thought was WAY out of my league. It didn't pan out well because she was already dating, but I took a step forward and asked anyway. And sadly, it's just not that easy for others.

• Well, you said this was so a few years back. How is it now? Still approaching girls you think are beyond your league?

• Ditto. If you fear rejection you will never be good with girls, or anything else in life.

• @Flamingo-yes and no. As of last year I had every intent to before I found out she was full of sh*t and didn't know what she wanted. QA, I'm not sure. Maybe we're just unfortunately patterned that way for some reasons-

• They most likely feel a sense of entitlement. That they shouldn't have to approach girls cause its scary. And the girl should do all the work for them so they don't have to risk rejection. Hence why there single and Bitter. And blame women for all there failures in life.