Why do I find it so hard to let go?

I recently deleted an ex of almost 3 years ago off Facebook and have been tortured by thoughts of him ever since. We didn't date for a long time but it was very good initially unitl he had to go bck home to his own country. Then things got really bad. I don't think I will ever move on I am going crazy I Haven't dated anyone else or had sex with anyone else since.I know he has moved on and he treated me horribly once he broke up with me. He said we would still talk but wouldn't answer the few messages I sent or a long email. I feel like its ruined my ability to build new relationships.Ive met lots of other guys and kissed lots but nothings happened. I am so sad and frustrated with myself. I keep thinking what I could change but I can't change any of it. I wish I had dumped him first and I wish I wasn't writing a question about it but I am literally at my wits end. I recently deleted an ex of almost 3 years ago off Facebook and have been tortured by thoughts of him ever since. We didn't date for a long time but it was very good initially unitl he had to go bck home to his own country. Then things got really bad. I don't think I will ever move on I am going crazy I Haven't dated anyone else or had sex with anyone else since.I know he has moved on and he treated me horribly once he broke up with me. He said we would still talk but wouldn't answer the few messages I sent or a long email. I feel like its ruined my ability to build new relationships.Ive met lots of other guys and kissed lots but nothings happened. I am so sad and frustrated with myself. I wish I wasn't writing a question about it but I am at my wits end, He was the first guy that initially treated me well and made me feel good about myself.I'll never see him again as he lives in Canada we have no mutual friends and no contact.

What Guys Said 1

• It seems that you really attached yourself physically and emotionally to your significant other so you take it really hard when both of you are breaking it off.

What Girls Said 1

• Well its because he was your first love so of course your reaction is normal everybody handles them differently , he seems like a jerk & your too good for him .you really need to find a hobby and get your mind off of things .