Is it weird for a 17 year old to date someone that's 23?

I really like this guy and he's 23 and out of college...but we have so much I'm common its not even funny! And we like all the same stuff, but does I look bad for me to date him after I graduate high school?

Most Helpful Girl

• Most peopel will probably think it's weird. 6 years are not that much though so I'd say you're fine. It should be illegal for you guys to have sex though, so don't until you're 18.

And don't let him talk you into something you don't really want to do

What Guys Said 4

• Not at all. Just don't get too physical before you hit 18 and graduate, just so that there isn't any moral concern about the issue.

I'm currently talking this young lady that is 18 and I'm 24. Last year, that would put us at 17 and 23, so I speak from experience when I say that it's OK and that nobody has said it looks bad.

Do it right, proceed carefully, and it should be just fine.

• I don't think it is weird at all. Many times, people get caught up in the age thing. Age is just a number. If both of you are adults, and you like each other, and have things in common, go for it!

• I'm 23 and I wouldn't be comfortable dating a 17 year old lol

• Its not weird at all.

Im glad to hear this because I'm 22 and single and hoping to meet an 18yr old girl and you seem to be OK with some1 that age so good to hear. :)

What Girls Said 3

• It's a little bit illegal (at least in my state lol), but I wouldn't say it's weird. Go for it!

• Um..why would it be weird? It's even great :)

• once you turn 18 and graduate it's fine