I overreacted and removed her, she's angry and won't accept my apology. Best action?

So girl I haven't met, but flirted over text/phone for a few months (generally just being a bit like penpals) ended up getting mad with me after I unfollowed her on Twitter and unfriended on Facebook, due to me overreacting.

She sent me a text about it and a quote from it was "So to make it better you have deleted me off Facebook and unfollowed me off twitter.. I can see how this might make everything better! I don't understand how everything has got so hostile it's ridiculous!"

I sent her a text apologising for being inconsiderate/immature and that it was a mistake deleting her and I was sorry.

This was sent on Saturday, still yet to get a reply and she hasn't accepted my Facebook request again/followed back on Twitter so I assume she is still mad.

I was thinking instead of texting, should I send her a Facebook message saying "How’s grumpy guts today? I didn’t want to delete you also, shouldn’t have done it. Don’t want you staying mad with me either, so think you can raise me a smile? (looks like this by the way ? ? ). I reckon we can be mature and cut the arguing, because it was a silly mistake. What do you think? "

I don't want her to cut me off, as I do see her as a friend and enjoyed talking, but removing her was a rash decision on my behalf that I wish I didn't do.

I don't want to keep apologizing either of course, but I have a feeling she may just forget me

The thing in the brackets should have said

looks like this by the way --> :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Try sending the message and see what happens. Try calling her if you have her number, if that don't work, then it looks like she's over you, but check to see if she blocked you first.

• I'll send it later on this Thursday. Personally I think it's a bit pathetic she's reacting like this to "removing her", but seeing as social networking and text is our only form of contact atm, I can understand if she randomly removed me one day, I'd feel peeved too.

• Yeah, twists and turns of life! Thanks for your input, I over think things a lot, but glad I gave it one last try. At least without knowing her, looking "annoying" by being persistent wouldn't matter if we're not involved with each other in our day to day lives, so it was a good risk.

• You should try to make an attempt to see her

What Girls Said 2

• Think overnight about posting messages on Facebook, people's feelings can get hurt. A deletion is like saying "you don't exit anymore to me" Give her time you may be able to recover her.

• How do you mean? I removed her off Facebook/twitter and regretted it. Facebook message in my opening post is one I'm wanting to send after the weekend.

• Give her time. Trust me. Stop running to her. Soon enough she will come to you.

• It's been 5 days since that text, should I wait until after the weekend before sending that Facebook message or send it tomorrow? I won't be sending anything further after that, it's just there's a possibility she might not have got my text (sometimes they don't go through).

• True, we have spoken on the phone and she does have a lot of friends which I believe backs up who she is but you're right that even if I become friends, we might not even meet so best I send that message and if she doesn't reply then her loss

• She replied a few hours later that day saying "me grumpy? I think it's you that went on the deleting spree. don't call me grumpy because you're aware it was you in the wrong now. but here's the smile you're after :) x". I replied the day after (lots of uni work on my mind + didn't want to look like I was waiting on her). I replied "Decent smile that! And yeah I was, but I'm considering going on an adding spree for a change this time, looking for suggestions on who to add though.. any ideas? x"

What Guys Said 3

• Removing someone is one of the worst thing you can do...

It happened to me, I thought everything was good then one day she removed and blocked me for no reason... I still don't know why But she still chatted / flirted with me via text for another 2 months before one day just deleting me from her mobile contacts and not replying to me ever again...

Not even a sorry... Her message the week before was flirty and sounded like she was still interested as well...

• It's odd yeah, I can understand why she'd be annoyed after I did that. But the thing is, I'm trying to add her back. I've followed her and sent a request, but she keeps the request hanging. I'm hoping over time she'll accept it. Yes, it is only a request, who cares? But it gives a feeling that contact is open between me and her. If I was around/talking to her in person, the request thing wouldn't be a problem. Question for you, if she added you back, would you leave her hanging or accept?

• Well I would leave it until Tue / Wed and send one last message. Also put something like "Take care of yourself and If I don't hear from you again then good luck for the future and I hope you do well with your course".

If she doesn't reply to that even with a simple "you too" or "thanks" or something then its time to forget about her. Hard thing to do I know but it has to be done or you will go crazy and make yourself ill thinking "what if" all the time (I know as I did this!)

• OK do something for her become more than penpals if you like her ask her to a movie or something like that say you want this relationship to happen. If there is no response just leave it

• She was a bit iffy in meeting someone she hasn't met before as she has an over protective best friend, so she says anyway, that fears I'd "kidnap her and lock her up" or something.

• Try to message her make her take a leap of faith ask her what its gonna take to let her meet you.

• I will definitely remember that, but for now I want to get back on speaking terms with her.

• You simply have to forget about her in the moment and simply focus on your life.

Be happy.

And, send her simple messages asking how she's doing/ how you're doing.

• She wrote on twitter about getting 80% in some assignment so I took a risk in replying saying "said you was clever!" (as I didn't really want to make contact for a bit) but she favourited my tweet so at least she isn't completely ignoring me. Taking it slow and sending small messages, but focusing on my life too of course. You're right with that. I don't want to be too full on.