Saw a girl I know on a dating site

So I was browsing a dating site on which I have a profile when I came across a profile of a girl I know. She is in my broader social circle and although I don't know her well I do know her. She is someone I would consider dating and if I didn't know her at all I probably would have messaged her. Anyway I am wondering what some of you might suggest is the best course of action. Should I message her? Say something about next time I see her? Is there a better option?

Also there are people in my social group I don't particular want to know I use a dating site but maybe I won't have to worry about it getting out if she feels the same way and also has a profile.

Thanks for the help.

Anyone else thing samme's idea is a pretty good one?

Most Helpful Guy

• What about you send her "Hey , I never thought I would meet a person I know in real life on a dating site Maybe that's a sign that I should ask you out maybe not :) , so what do you think should I ask you out ?

P.S: This is our little secret , hush don't tell anybody :P . " .

• I like this option, if some did that to me I wouldn't take offense and just might accept.

What Girls Said 2

• I think love is, do not need others to see how, of course, start or know each other.

• Sammie Idea sounds great. I would message her that she might find it cute.

Also she might agree to keeping it quiet, most people don't like to say they are on a dating site as well. :-) good luck. Let us knows what happens.

What Guys Said 3

• I wouldn't bring up the site. Flirt with her in real life. If she is interested she will flirt back. If she seems interested in you ask her out on a date. I'm a big fan of using the word date. It gets rid of a ny confussion. If she says no she will admire your confidence and may start to like you and change her mind after a day. She may even change her mind so be cool and ask if she would at leat be interested in talking over a smoothie, froyo, or coffee. whatever she is into.

• Just message her.

• Simply message her and say something the next time you see her.

The two are the best options.