Do you think its right to cheat?

when you are in a mix of dating someone. they tell you they are going to call you. you keep going on dates. one day while you are out with your friends you catch the person you are with dating someone else. to me that sounds right ridiculous.

what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well,I guess it is important to label sth like that "relationship" before you get to ask him for commitment in such a way.I think we need to change the way we look at things.

What Guys Said 4

• No, it's not alright to cheat. But is it possible there was a miscommunication and one of you thought you were exclusive but the other one didn't?

• Its genereally considered cheating kinda like that movie this means war but yeah its never right to cheat

• Not necessarily. Unless you had a conversation about dating exclusively, you cannot assume you are exclusive. And in fact, you are BOTH well within your rights to continue to date other people.

This is especially important for guys. We have NO IDEA where we stand with you girls until several dates have past--maybe more. As a girl, you KNOW we're at least interested in you, otherwise we never would've asked you out in the first place. But we don't know what you're thinking. Are we a serious consideration? Are we a free dinner or 2? Are you just giving us a shot and you'll see? No idea.

That's why, as a guy, it makes sense to treat dating like a job interview. Just because one job gave you an interview, it does NOT mean you stop interviewing for other jobs. Hell, just because it's going well and you've gotten 3 call backs, it STILL doesn't mean you stop interviewing. You don't stop until you have a CLEAR offer (or you've actually discussed exclusivity).

• You are totally right. I don't date much. I do have friends that go through like that. I figured I could get some more opinions to back up what I think.

• You are welcome.

• Hmmmm. . . I guess it was kind of short lived! :P

• Though I don't think I'd date more than one person at a time, what you described isn't really cheating if you aren't even in a relationship with the person.

What Girls Said 1

• It's only cheating if you two are exclusive in my opinion. And you said you kept going on dates so you can't be upset if he has. That's part of dating...sampling all the ice cream flavors before you buy a carton. If you don't feel guilty going out with other guys then you have no right to be upset if he's going with other girls.. Just my thoughts..