Is it normal to feel a lack of air, or like drowning, when cuddling or asleep?

This has no emotion to it, but I have always had this really weird thing where when I fall asleep spooning or his head on my shoulder that I feel I can't exactly breathe. It isn't their weight or anything. I think it may just be that I sleep alone a lot so switching it up maybe does this. The problem is I do like to be held, but I end up an hour later jerking awake and saying "im drowning, I'm drowning" And it often is accompanied by a nightmare of drowning. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel so weird about it. If you have experienced it, is there anything you do while cuddling to help reduce it?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's not normal.

Simply try not cuddling for a not and see if it will take those uneasiness away.

What Guys Said 2

• Hmmm, sounds like you might be claustrophobic, or something similar. Try getting it checked out.

• Maybe you're dreaming of it. They say if you dream that you are drowning, you wake up saying "I'm drowning"

What Girls Said 1

• Could be things like claustrophobia, weight(depending on how heavy you are, or more likely sleep apnea