Ever feel like you're done with dating and relationships?

I'm at a point in life where I don't even want to bother with dating or getting into a relationship with anyone. Anyone else feel like this? Do you feel good or bad about it? Is it because of a bad break up or just because you're really happy with how you've set your life up right now or another reason?

Most Helpful Guy

• I currently am. I've reserved my self to the mindset that if a good girl crosses my path then sure I'll entertain a relationship, otherwise I've given up looking.

The last few times I've dated it turned out really bad. Cheating, lying, mind games, fights, etc. Needless to say, I'll admit I've lost a lot of respect for women as of late so I'm not jumping at the bit to be with one.

Not to mention I'm in the process of a career change while also trying to get a brand new musical project off the ground, so I'm rather busy. it's probably best I don't have a Girlfriend at the moment because I just don't have the free time to get one up and running. It's like I'm working 2 jobs at the moment.

However, I'm sure in a year or two when things settle down and I can fully clear my head, I'll resume my search. Do I like being single, no, but at the moment I don't think I have a choice.

What Guys Said 8

• The last girl I dated dumped in a week and half for another guy last summer so I decided with my luck getting worse with women and sketchy history at dating and love, I'm taking a break and focus on myself and friends and just let love happen naturally to me again. So yes, I'm happy with my life.

Learned patience and no more constant chasing because it's exhausting emotionally. Appreciated the single life with friends, focused on my hobbies and avoided anything relationship-y until I find the RIGHT girl (not every girl that gives me attention... :p )

Still no love right now but I have a feeling things are happening and I'm getting excited again!

• I would love to be dating and/or in a relationship, but as Miranda Lambert put it... "I've given up on love because love's given up on me."

• Nope, I just feel like I'm done with whoever it was that it didn't work out with. Don't rush things looking for love, just be natural and hopefully things will work out.

• Yup. I'm not going to waste my time in looking if others wish to play games. I'm too old for that sort of thing. You either like someone, or you do not. Simple as that.

• yes. I'm becoming a hermit

• ive never even started it lol

• i wish a girl would let me be in a relationship with her

• I'm 29, single for almost 8 years. I've been very happy single. With that said, I've barely scratched the surface of dating.

I would love to meet a woman who is genuine, funny, open-minded, honest, knows what they want in life, etc.

I'm patient and know that in time, I will find someone.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes I'm takig a couple years break from that crap

• I'm at a point in life where I don't even want to bother with dating or getting into a relationship with anyone.

This describes me to a tee.

I feel both good and bad about it. I feel good because my heart needs a break from all the pain its suffered from. I feel bad because I don't understand why that area of my life is so poor. I succeed at whatever I put my mind to but when it comes to my dating life, I've been repeatedly unsuccessful.

I'm almost forced into this decision to take a break. It's almost was like the obvious thing to do because I'm not getting any success, only heartbreak and stress from it. It's also because of a bad breakup. all in all, I'm happy about this break because I want to see what's in store for me when I put more focus in other things.