Can fat girls get cute dates?

I've been noticing a lot of guys bash on chubby girls and my best friend takes it to heart when she overhears rude comments even if there not directed to her and I was just wondering why its such a big deal for guys to NOT engage with a "fat" girl

Also am I being a bad friend for thinking this way about her? She's really chill and she has a great personality but I feel like when we "girl talk" she never has any luck

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes they can. If they have a pretty face and a pleasant and confident personality they can most definitely get a cute date. It also depends on what you define as a "├žute date " too. Let's be real here most of us want a partner who aesthetically looks pleasing and who lives a health lifestyle. Very overweight people and very underweight people do get the short straws in terms of the pool of potential partners they can choose from. Most if not all of the bigger girls I know who are in relationships are incredibly comfortable in their skin. They are happy and confident and don't allow digs at their weight to get them down.

What Guys Said 8

• There is usually someone for everyone. It may be true that tehre are fewer options for obese people since our society often associates beauty with being physically fit but I know walking around I often see obese people with very attractive people. I think it's definitely harder to find people who see more than skin deep but there are definitely guys out there

• It depends on the guy. Some guys think that fat girls are sexy. Some guys are disgusted. Its all personal preference. Really, not any different than how women judge men for d**k size, lack of height, or being too skinny or too fat. Being too broke. Girls say fuc**d up things about men, and other women all of the time. Yet the men get singled out it they get caught doing it?

• I don't mind a chubby girl I think it's cute but when I see a chubby girl I assume she doesn't care about her weight... Not like I want her to be a health nut but I do feel all women should care about there body's...

• It's possible but the chances are a little slim. It's also depends on how you define :"fat" curvy, hourglass-feminine figure is not the same as a girl who is 35+ pounds overweight.

• Shes about 100 pounds overweight but she really doesn't look like it, its mostly her ass and boobs that make her look bigger, am I a bad friend for going in her business like this?

• You should get her into a gym and help her lose weight. She'll be a better version of herself, because you are not being a good friend by making a grossly overweight person who is at risk for diabetes and heart disease feel as if there is "nothing wrong with her". She needs to lose weight ASAP, and no even to meet any guy but just to live longer and be a healthier person. Guys should be the least of her concerns at this point. She needs to work on herself.

• A big girl to us is like a boring guy to girls.

• Same reason why girls never engage with a fat guy.

• Some guys don't mind, but most of them are guys who are not successful with women.

There are a few guys who are good looking and outgoing who like overweight girls, but they are very, very rare.

Fat is, for many guys, one of the biggest deal breakers there is (of those they regularly encounter. Being a serial killer with a meth addiction is worse, for example, but doesn't actually rule out that many women we might date).

• I find some of them attractive, so I would date them. I don't know if I would fit the "cute date" or not though.

I think there are more guys that are at least sexually attracted to them (bigger within reason) than most people realize, but society is down on them and it would be embarrassing for people to date. That's really the issue.

What Girls Said 1

• Less attractive people tend to have to compensate with their personality. They can't usually afford to be shy or awkward; they have to be confident and funny and all that to stand a chance. My high school best friend was obese and she had no problem getting guys because she was silly and hilarious and fun to be around. When she started dating this guy (who is now her fiance) and she fell in love with him, she got the motivation to get healthy. She lost around 80 pounds total, and she's flipping gorgeous. More guys hit on her now, but she's fiercely loyal to her fiance, because he fell in love with her without her having to lose weight.

Anyways, I'm sure your best friend will find the same thing. :) You love her, right? You know she's special. Now all she needs is a guy to figure that out.