Girls is there any difference when you text "Yes" or "Yeah" to a guy...?

Is there any difference in using these?

If you like a guy, will you use "Yeah" more often than "Yes"?

Most Helpful Girl

• LOL weird but fascinating. 5 stars!

Depends on my mood.

YEAH for: things I'm indifferent to; am casually agreeing with or acknowledging something; or agreeing to something where the emphasis is on the content preceding or succeeding the "yeah".

YES when: I'm agreeing to something enthusiastically; especially where the emphasis is on the yes and less on the surrounding content; makes more appearances in formal settings; however also makes appearances in casual statements of ironic value.

Overall, NO, I do not discriminate between the two when I like someone.

How weird that you can't respond anonymously. LOL

What Girls Said 3

• I use yes for enthusiasm/passion/trying to make a point. I use yeah way more often though because it's how I speak. I don't think it's a very good indicator of a girl's attraction for you unless it's accompanied by flirtation.

• No, "yeah" is just a little more casual. Doesn't mean anything.

• Only answering a text with 'Yes' is pretty specific. Either the person saying yes is very direct and serious about the answer, or they just don't care enough to think about what it might look like on the other end and just answering a yes/no which in that case yeah there is a difference. If I were to seem friendly therefore I'm actually making an effort, which is a good thing, I would think one is much more like to answer with a yeah or add a smiley face in there or something to soften up the text.

What Guys Said 2

• I think that when you say "yeah" you're agreeing with them. But when they say yes, they're answering a question

But, that's just my opinion.

Also, why all the anonymity, bro?

• yeah