Dating someone who's broke?

How do you guys feel about dating someone who does not have money ?

Most Helpful Guy

• I honestly could not care if my Girlfriend is homeless as long as she has a plan to get her act together.

• I feel the same exact way! But my boyfriend has a lot off insecurities about being broke.

• ok.. I will do that. but I have one last question. What if he doesn't want to fully commit because of this?

• Then you have to make a decision on what's best for the type of life you want.

What Guys Said 5

• It doesn't matter really. I dated a girl who has all the money in the world, but refused to go to college, dropped out of high school. So I would rather date a woman that is broke. Seems those that have money have no gumption to do anything with there life. I grew up with nothing, I went to college, became a paramedic and now enrolled in medical school while working two paramedic jobs, yet my ex girlfriend lives in a 3 million dollar home, drives a brand new top of the line bmw, and now works at a strip club, and she is smarter than I am and has the money to go to college. To sum it up, just because you have money, does not mean you are successful one bit. I find that those who are working class are better to date, but again, it is only my experience and I am not going to judge anyone.

• I feel the same way. I personally do not care if my partner has money. But the insecurities of a man with nothing has taken its toll. Why would he question if I really want to be with him.

• In American society-money is perpendicular with success, he probably feels inferior if I understood you correctly. He shouldn't be, Success is measured in hard work, if he is working he ass off or working his ass off to get or find a job, he should feel successful.

• he does not work and he has a lot of problems...and I understand what your saying.

• Depends if its a passing phase or not. The question is most likely directed at girls because they are the ones for whom this is an issue. If the person has no hopes of being economically independent, that's not a good sign but if they just had some problems, I should even be able to help them get back up

• Depends if its a passing phase or not. The question is most likely directed at girls because they are the ones for whom this is an issue. If the person has no hopes of being economically independent, that's not a good sign but if they just had some problems, I should even be able to help. Them get back up

• What if it's not a passing phase, and they always have problems.

• I already said its not a good sign. Further, I'd like to delineate 2 pts. If she just doesn't make money, it is far preferable to if she were a hopeless spendthrift. Then I'll take to the hills

• if its because they spend too much it bad. if just between jobs, in college, or some other reason that doesn't reflect spending habits I see no problem with it. the guy is supposed to pay for the dates any way.

• Uh, no he's not.

• I don't think guys should have to pay for dates all the time.

• If I asked a girl out and the didn't pay for her I would feel bad. it would only be a little better if she insisted on paying for herself.

• At my age (early 40's), I wouldn't do it. I want to be with someone who lifts me up, not someone who drags me down with her.

What Girls Said 1

• Don't care about how much money they have. Money CAN NOT buy happiness. If he is a good person, that is the only thing that matters.