Is he interested or is he just a nice guy?

I am interested in this guy. We have known each other for years but he is a little older than me and we have always socialized in different circles, until recently. He has been coming to my church since the end of last year. I started chatting with him when I saw him and have been texting him occasionally. He is always really responsive when chatting or texting. When chatting he engages in conversation, smiles a lot and our eye contact lingers. However, he never initiates anything. I am always the first to start a conversation in person and via text, and I almost feel like he is avoiding looking in my direction when we are around each other.

Is he just being nice, or is he interested?

Updates:
Oh yes, he is also not very experienced with girls.

0|0
0|1

What Guys Said 1

• That "update" of yours changes the equation quite a bit .

If he were indeed experienced with girls , then I would have probably said he doesn't seem too interested in you . But since he isn't , he might be interested in you .

When you talk/text him , do you guys flirt ? what stuff do you talk about ?

0|0
    0|0
    • I'd say yes. For example

continuation of texting conversation

Him: "I't wasn't for long though- and we had a bbq tea which was good :-). Yeah near the water would have been nice... Ill probably see you next Saturday at oaklands - enjoy the rest of your week :-)!"

Me: "Cool, looking forward to it :) goodnight."

Him: "Goodnight :-)"

• I wouldn't really categorize this as "flirting" . Seems like he's being nice more than anything else . But I always think it's a bit tricky when it goes to people who are shy or "inexperienced" as you put it .

Do you like him ? If you do then why don't you ask him out for coffee ? Don't worry about the fact that he supposedly looks away from you when you are talking . I'd probably do the same if I was talking to my crush ; he's probably just nervous talking to you !

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.