Is he jealous or mad?

This guy and I have been flirting for a while, and he recently asked my friend for my number. We started texting and everything was going well. He sent messages like "you're beautiful" and "you're adorable". We were getting ready to hang out when all of a sudden he found out that I had hooked up with this other guy at the beginning of the year. He got really mad about it, and I don't know why. He was dating another girl when this happened, and I'm pretty sure didn't even know I existed. I calmed him down, and he said he forgives me, but he's not acting the same. We didn't end up by hanging out because he said he wanted more time to hang out with me, if we were going to see each other (I had to tutor a kid at 7 and it was 5). I thought that sounded promising and everything would be OK, but when he had to go to dinner, and I said, "text me after if you want to and have fun at dinner," he never texted me. What do I do? Will he ever talk to me again? Is he jealous or mad?

What Guys Said 1

• From a guys standpoint I think he is fine with the fact that you hooked up with someone else before but he probably just wanted to know about it earlier in the relationship.

PS: If you have other questions always feel free to message me!

• Thank you so much! It hurt a lot when he got mad at me because he didn't say the nicest things. He still hasn't texted me, and I don't want to seem too pushy, so I haven't texted him. Should I just forget about him?

• It all just depends on how much he means to you. If I were you I would put a date that you will decide on and until then try your hardest to make things go well.

What Girls Said 1

• Possessive much?

So what if you hooked up with a guy at the beginning of the year? what's it to him?

Don't you find it odd?

• Ya I felt really awkward when he got mad at me. I feel like he really overreacted, but it also really hurt. Do you think I should just forget about him?

• I think he overreacted too.

But, I dunno.

If he's talking to you then give him a chance. If he's acting like an a**hole though, just move on.