I thought the first date went well, but no text or call?

So I met a guy online and had my first date with him yesterday. We went to get ice cream and see a scary movie. While at the ice cream place, we talked and things seemed to go smoothly. In my opinion, the talking was very easy and smooth, nothing forced. We had a lot of interests in common. The time flew by when we were talking. I interrupted that we should leave so we could get to our movie on time. He didn't try to make any moves during the movie, so I guess that's a bad sign? He did request that we could talk after the movie and we talked for 2 hours. I honestly thought everything was going well, and I thought he was enjoying the date. He was telling me a story and I asked about it, and he stated that it would be a great story for next time, which I then asked if it was safe to assume there would be a next time and he asked if I wanted there to be, which I replied yes. While talking, he said that he had told me things that he had never told anyone else before. I really felt like it was a good date. I finally had to leave (because of my parents wanting me home-- which may have been a turn off). He walked me to my car, said that he had a good time and wanted to do it again, gave me a hug, and said he would text me in the morning. I haven't heard from him. I thought it was a great date, but now looking back at it maybe I said something he disliked or there was no attraction. Any thoughts?

Also, his longest relationship is less than 2 months. He works 2 jobs and is very busy, and he usually dates much older women. That's about all the additional information I can come up with.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds to me like you did everything great! And I still think he's interested, because, no one that thought the date was going bad would ask to continue the conversation for another 2 hours.

How long has it been since the date?

• give the guy some time. You're jumping the gun too soon. Id say if he didn't call in at least a week Id say he isn't interested. But give him some time. I think he was trying to be a gentleman. Not every guy is going to try something on a giel on the first date. Not if he's a respectable guy.

• It was just last night. I also thought that since he wanted to talk for such a long time that meant he was interested too, but I am just not sure anymore. There wasn't really any physical contact during the date minus the goodbye hug. I don't know whether to take that as him not being attracted to me or him trying to be respectful. Also, what really throws me off is that he said he would text me in the morning and I haven't heard from him. I would think he would want to stay true to his word.