How long is it safe to say that a guy officially isn't going to text you back?

I texted this guy for the first time today and he texted me back an hour later, I happened to be at the gym so didn't text him back an hour and a half after he texted me back, Its now been like 3 hours, Is it safe to say he most likely won't text me back?

Most Helpful Girl

• Please keep in mind that people have lives and that not everyone keeps their phone attached to the side of their face or in their hands 24/7. Secondly,you need to take a chill pill.Maybe he doesn't see texting as that serious of a thing...its not going to stop the world if he texts you tomorrow is it? Maybe something happened to his phone...maybe he has something important he is dealing with?

I would say,if a guy (supposedly we are interested in each other and I send a text at a decent hour) takes more than 36 hours to get back to my text,either he isn't that interested,or he is not going to text back at all.I give people grace periods if we are into each other.For friends,I give them all of the time in the world...as long as you get back to me before the 6 month mark. :)

What Guys Said 2

• 1 week..

• No. 3 hours is the blink of an eye to a guy who is texting.

What Girls Said 1

• He might be busy doing something like when you were when you were at the gym. Even if he doesn't text back today, he might tomorrow so I wouldn't let it bother me too much.