Why do guys think that its OK not to text back?

So I'm sort of with this guy, and we will be texting and then suddenly in the middle of the conversation he will stop texting me back. I do know that he's seen my message courtesy of imessage. Why is he doing this? Does he not get that this gets on my nerves?

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds as if you're depending on him to initiate the conversation. You could always text him again if an hour or so goes by and bring up a whole new subject, and get the conversation going again. It's not that hard to do. I'm currently talking to a guy and sometimes this happens, but then I'll bring up another thing to talk about and the conversation will get going again. I do this to him sometimes too. Sometimes I'll read his message, but get distracted by something. If you guys don't have a natural flow to your conversations, then I would suggest rethinking it.

• That's really the best thing to do. If it's not a flowing conversation, change the subject

What Guys Said 2

• I reply to text messages when I find it convenient and I have time.

• Explain this to me. Why do women do the same?

You're freakin' hot by the way

• I think guys will do it because we need to do something or we fell asleep. I wouldn't worry about it too much

What Girls Said 1

• Precisely to get to your nerves... and guys don't obsess about relationships the way we do. Hence its better to have a life and forget about the dude no matter how much you are into him.