Guys - what's the main reason you 'pull back' when you start dating?

And become almost distant. He still looks and smiles but seems to have pulled back. Is the main reason because he's scared of getting deeper - or has he gone off me? Doesn't phone either - very confusing!

What are your reasons for doing this? Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Rings are tough things to confront and anytime a relationship gets serious it means that MANY things are likely to change in a guys life and some of them he's none too fond of losing. Hey cigars and poker on Thursday nights might seem like something 'you' might avoid but he's been losing to this same group of poker buddies for years and doesn't want a women, even a 'hottie' , to cost him that freedom.

It could be a variety of things but I'd wager most have to do with losing freedom to someone identified as Woman, domesticator of Man, bearer of children, setter of decency levels, protector of innocence, assignor of chores, keeper of The List, arbitrar of good taste, queen of decorating etc. It could be none of these with someone as nice and special as I'm sure you are and I could be entirely wrong...but I'm not.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• It might have to do with you too! did he do most of the calling.texting? did you onl do like 5% of the initiation of communications? He has just taken a step back to see whether he was stalking ya or...u are really interested

Call him up!ASAP before you lose the perfect guy

What Girls Said 2

• He could be scared of getting close but if a guy is distancing himself from you, he's not that interested and doesn't plan on seeing you again.

• I hate it when guys do this. I wish they would explain themselves.