What do you think about this, guys?

A guy texts me first (almost every day) BUT after like 9 or 10 texts only replies with "LOL" or 'yeah I know, right?" or a smiley face (and the rest is like a dead conversation)...i just stop texting because I feel annoying to him and after like 30 min. (or? so) he starts a new conversation (usually with a random question or a joke) and it feels so confusing because it happens very often (in my head I'm like "what the heck? wasn't I annoying?")

Most Helpful Guy

• i think he is probably just unsure about what to say at times when he responds with short answers but wants to keep texting you so he'll start a new subject. I don't think you should get annoyed by this maybe just try stimulating the conversation when you notice it starts to get dull.

just remember this guy probably likes you and doesn't want to say anything or do anything to completely turn you off so he uses short simple texts or emoticons as a way to insure that he doesn't say or do anything to offend or turn you off

What Guys Said 5

• um...no he obviously wants to talk to you, you're no annoying him at all. This happens to me with girls all the time. Ill text them and they'll act like they don't want to talk to me. I send them a text and they won't text back...the only difference is I usually won't text them again. This guy is being pretty agressive with you he must like you.

• You need to stop reading too much into it. That's teh problem with texting..you have no social context.

• He likes you, but isn't a good conversationalist.

• i find texting to be annoying, an actual phone call is better. I like hearing the girls voice and the suttle undertones in her voice. plus I know she likes hearing my voice

• He wants to talk (he likes you) but he sucks at it.

What Girls Said 3

• Texting isn't meant for a full conversation.

It's meant to pass on random notes, like you probably did during high school.

I think with this being the generation of technology people forget the most important way to communicate.

That is either through phone call or in person.

He's probably not one of those people that can hold an entire conversation through text, I'm like that too.

• he probably doesn't know what to talk about , or he just doesn't know how to talk to women text conversations mean nothing really try calling him or have him call you and talk to him that way and see how you feel then. cause he won't be able to shoot a smiley face is he is talking to you over the phone instead.

• Really sounds he likes you and wants to hear what you have to say! He's a listener. If he really didn't want to talk to you he wouldn't because its easy to ignore a text