Would you rather date the outdoorsy type or the city type?

Do you prefer someone who likes the country/outdoor activities (camping, hiking, biking, boating etc) or do you prefer someone who like more "indoor"/city activities (books, art, technology etc)? Or a combination of the two? Why? Which category do you fall into?

I'm not saying that being outdoorsy or indoorsy is what is going to MAKE you fall for a person, it's just ONE aspect of a person that I'm curious what people prefer.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would like anything, the person should just love me all from her heart and be honest.

What Guys Said 17

• I'm more the subterranean dungeon type.

• I for one can't really decide. I consider myself to be a mix of those two, but lean more on the outdoorsy type. As such it's importance to my life is substantial and a person who appreciates that like me would possible be a good partner for me. But the indoors type is also a great choice, in my opinion, because she leans more to the opposite of me, which means I'll get to do my thing and she gets to do her own thing, but we would still have things to do together and some healthy difference in interests. So I really can't decide based on just the general types, so I'd say for me it comes down to the individual.

• Hi Amelie,

It doesn't matter to guys. I'd say guys are interested in purely sex and aesthetic appeal in women. End of story, bottom line, almost every guy only cares about this because the standards are deadly low for relationships...hence why most marriages end in divorce.

I'd say it's more about authentic connection between two people, chemistry, and more metaphysical connections beyond a logical realm. If you feel these with someone, including passion and commitment...they can be your complete opposite. However, to some extent, commonalities do bring people together. As much as I'd like to say opposites attract, even opposites are not absolute opposite.

Anyone claiming this is in the realm of ill-knowledge.

• Both, I love the city and all of it's madness and I also love hiking, mtn biking, camping and shooting.

So a non-extreme of both.

• ANYTHING but sports! Some outdoor.

Mostly communication with the woman.

You'll get many different answers to this one because there are many different types of guys.

• I got outdoors'ed out as a kid - camping and fishing constantly with my controlling dad who never let me reel in any fish! So I kinda don't care for the "outdoors" now as an adult. So I guess I'd prefer a city/indoors-y type. Plus I live downtown in a fairly large city. So I'm used to city life.

• If I would fall for someone it wouldn't be based on this type of preferences . But generally I like a balance of both.

• It's pretty simple, liking cities is a total deal breaker.

• Both. I love nature, but I'm not exactly the super roughin'-it type. Taking dumps in the woods isn't my idea of a fantastic time, but a few hours excursion into the outdoors is great. I really like reading and music [art] myself, so I suppose I'm leaning towards the city type.

• well the country girl I dated loved books and art and the city girl I'm dating now likes hiking and biking. go figure.

my personal take on this: right now I'd rather be with a city girl and have fun, but I'd like to settle down with a country girl some day a few years from now

• City...9 times out of 10...unless we're talking a west coast girl who like the beach.

• I'm from suburban area - I got it all at once!

Also I don't see why someone who lives in the city may not enjoy outdoor activities and vice versa.

• I'm not saying they don't. Hence the "/"s involved in the wording.

• im in the military so personally id rather outdoorsy

• A little bit of both.

• I'd like somebody with a nice combination of the two. Versatility is a good thing. I mean if I had to choose a side to favor, I'd probably opt for somebody who likes outdoor activities a bit more since I do find that I am happiest outdoors.

• My type goes a little more deeper than if she's an outdoors girl or not. Worry about more important things like your personality and such

• Lol that's great, but this question isn't about you determining whether or not you fall for someone BASED on this, no one does that! I'm just asking what you prefer in a person, as a single quality. Being "outdoor" or "indoor" isn't a personality type.

• Yea sorry, I actually hate people who answer like that I don't know why I did lol. But I like an outdoorsy type because I like to be active and have fun.

• I do all of that and I'm still the outdoorsy type.

What Girls Said 9

• Outdoors! Camp, ride horse, swim, tube down the river, hike with my dog, but ALSO love the city night life, concerts, getting dressed up etc. So I like a guy that can enjoy some of those things with me.

• Less of an 'outdoorsy' by that definition and more of a general do'er. Someone who likes to have fun, and skate, and goof around, ride a bike, go for walks, the beach. Lots of outside time and finding scenic spots. I love to be outside.

I think I'm more of an outdoorsy, sporty type, but in a suburb way more than anything. I prefer outdoor adventures. Though museum visits are fun, movies, shows...but if I had to choose, someone like me who could be content on doing outside activities and would be totally hype to camp out.

Books can only take you so far, and it's all still in your head, DOING things is amazing. Experiences are wonderful.

Bf and I went adult go kart racing (40-50mph go carts on a tight curved track) for our 6 month anniversary and it was a BLAST.

The boardwalk, swimming, a drive, a drive in, the beach, the skate rink, arcades, bowling, we're 27 and 29 but we love doing things that keep us out and about and experiencing.

• I prefer the outdoorsy type, I would also consider myself an outdoorsy type but then I have always loved the great outdoors. Big cities are not my element. I find guys who are outdoorsy are great travelling companions, more laid back and aren't as materialistic. My dream guy would sweep me off my feet on top of a mountain.

• If I had to pick, I'd take an indoorsy type, I can always find a hiking buddy or go with friends but being with someone who enjoys books, art, music and culture is non negotiable.

ideally though, I'd like a mix of both, someone who enjoys hiking, fresh air, log cabins and animals but who also loves reading and listening to music and is a little bit cultured.

• I'm a pain in the ass, and I want someone who's a bit of both.

I love books and art, but I'm really into camping and hiking and stuff. I'd want someone who likes the cultural side of the city, but enjoys taking weekends away, chilling out at a campsite with some beers.

• probably someone indoorsy, maybe a combination of the two.

I wouldn't mind doing outdoor activities, as long as I can keep up with that person lol

• combination! because I am :) I love the outdoors but I'm also a city girl, I like to enjoy both, balance it :)

• I like the outdoors, I mean trekking through fields isn't my thing, I like surfing and that kind of category, but I kind of fall under the city category, so I'd like a mix of both

• City type, definitely. I'm not outdoorsy at all, haha!