When should I start worrying?

I've been seeing this guy for a few weeks now, and he usually calls or texts me everyday, or every second day. He had messaged me Thursday morning like he usually does, but I heard nothing from him that night. Nothing the next morning, nothing last night and I don't think I'll hear from him today either. I don't know if he's waiting for me to contact him first, but I don't really want to incase he's lost interest.

He's 7 years older than I am, so he might of also thought he doesn't want to mess around with some kid.
Yeah I think it's done haha. I messaged him last night and haven't gotten a respond back yet.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no time that you should start worrying because worrying never helps a situation. It'll only make you dream up things that might not be true or even give you the wrong impression of what reality really is. First, you've not been seeing him for very long nor has he not called or texts you much longer than he's been. Since you communicated with him 2 days ago, which is in the every second day time frame you mentioned, wait until late tomorrow (Sunday) before you get concerned with what's up with him. If you have a lot of interest in him, why not text him tomorrow night and say you've missed hearing from him, and then wait for a response. If you get one soon after you'll know the deal for good or for bad. If you don't hear from him by Monday, know that you're not as special to him as he is to you, or that he's in jail. If that's the case and you want to find out why, then contact someone he knows and ask them if he's OK. It's OK for you to try and find out what's going on so that you can move on if necessary. It could turn out like you said in your update. If everything turns out to be OK, I think it'd be a good idea in the future for you to start contacting him yourself too sometimes. Always get in the habit of keeping the lines of communications open in any kind of a relationship. You'll find that once it breaks down there's always a reason. You should always find out that reason so that you can deal with it in the best way and learn from it.

What Guys Said 1

• Ok.. I have had this same problem in the past. He might have lost interest. But more likely he thinks you lost interest. It sounds like you never contact him first. If you never contact him he thinks he bothering you and your just being nice. You have to also show him that you interested. I test girls like that. I won't contact them on purpose to see if they will

What Girls Said 4

• Contact him if he won't contact you. that way you won't have to sit around worrying. Just casually ask what he's been up. There may be a good reason why he hasn't talked to you.

From my experience, if a guy changes for no good solid reason, he's been talking to someone else. That may not be the case for you, but that's been true a lot for me. But don't be afraid to contact him(just don't go overboard)

• I know he works very long hours, but I'm still worried haha

• that's a legit reason, just text him and say something like I haven't talked to you in a while. Spark up a conversation, he may still be into you

• To be honest - as someone VERY experienced in guys just 'going missing' as a way of dumping me, I would be worried already. If he's veered off his normal pattern then it's not good. If you contact him and he says he's 'busy at work' that's another warning sign. If a guy is really into you, that doesn't stop him being in touch somehow.

Do what you think is right for you, but be aware that if you contact him he may well reply. But that doesn't necessarily mean things are fine after all. I'm not being cruel, I've just been fooled too many times and want to try and warn you.

• Stop sitting around waiting around for him. Most likely he's wondering the same thing..why doesn't se ever initiate?

• try and see how he reacts and if he comes back to you after that. if he doesn't best to move on