How do you tell if you're dating the wrong person?

What variable or variables do you look into to make such decisions?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would like to take a moment to point to this article > link

That being said, I do think conmon views and understandings on what makes life a 'happy' one is a general key. And compassion.

I chose my partner because for me...he is my essential 'diamond'.

We share the same sense of humor, the same compassion, dedication, respect, and admiration for the others strengths. We know how to listen and accept the other. It's mutual.

Some of the things I looked for are:

-Enjoying doing the same things and open to trying plenty of activities together. Biking, skating, walks, go karts, camping, road trips. I could not be 'happy' with someone not as active.

-We both love to be social, but we're not into clubbing, drugs, or vices. We have a solid group of friends we like to visit and set up plans with. Holiday parties, watching sporting events, getting together just to dance in the living room, grilling...we love having good times and equally value it as a group activity.

-Neither of us are extremely judgemental.

-We equally value healthy independence.

-We both have our own hobbies and thus recognize the others' hobbies as valid an appropriate and encourage each other to pursue them.

I won't give you the full personality list, but we work well together and are a close same 'balance' of understandings. As much as I love the above article, and intend to hold to it, I don't think I'd be quite as able or satisfied with keeping him if we didn't already have all of the important 'factors' we look for. Having that part first, I believe, goes a long way. (;

What Girls Said 5

• Well, first you have to ask yourself what caused you to feel the need to ask this question. Some variables would definitely be your gut instinct, how you feel about the person you are dating, if they cause you happiness or stress. A relationship isn't supposed to be a chore or source of extreme negative emotion, so make sure you factor in how the person you are dating makes you feel. Are they causing more stress/negative feelings than positive ones? Do you feel that it is a struggle just to spend time with that person? If you have to think too hard about either of those questions, the relationship probably isn't right and you may be dating someone who isn't right for you

• You know your with the wrong person, if they don't comfort you when you cry. Or if they guard their cellphone from you.

• Omg I HATE that. "You're crying for yourself" or getting mad if you are upset at something they did, and you just found out.

• Being unhappy, feeling stressed (muscle aches), feeling emotionally tired, not wanting to spend time with the person, not being able to trust the person, feeling inadequate around the person, feeling like the person is insincere/obsequious with you, not feeling free to be yourself, etc. Also, this is obvious, but emotional/mental/physical abuse and cheating are also signs to get out.

• You will feel it. Time will tell the more you spend it with her. It wouldn't feel right.

• If you find yourself asking this question.

What Guys Said 4

• Basically if for some reason or another you become detached emotionally to a person. Some examples would be based on her moral code. Is it moral or immoral? What are their beliefs and do they differ and/or conflict with yours? Are they self centered or self serving? Do they have a secret or hidden agenda that you found out about? Do they attribute love to material things? How do they view themselves, is their esteem too high or too low? Are they too controlling or appear to lack interest. Are there any trust issues? How do they handle disagreements, misinterpretations and misunderstanding? The list goes on, but these are definitely some of the major questions you will have to ask yourself when considering if the person you're with is right or wrong for you.

• Well if you are dating the wrong person, you will find him/her uninterested with your topics, sometimes you can feel bore while you are sitting besides each others. I've a girl that I am dating and we are very comfortable to each others.

• She is a complete psycho.

• You will never know.

The better you get to know about the other person, the better you can understand if he/she is the one for you.