How to be friends with an ex...?

...now that we're both dating other people?

I think there was too much pressure when we were dating before, and that's why he freaked out and said he wasn't looking for anything serious (even though we hadn't even kissed after 4 dates).

We saw each other recently at work, and I remembered how much I liked his company. I do want to date him, but there's no way I'd dump my current boyfriend for him. Also, I think he's seeing someone else...

So I'm looking to be friends with him. I want to remove all the pressure by saying, "Look, we're both dating other people," but at the same time, I don't want that to be an awkward mutual rejection where you each throw your significant other in your ex's face.

What Guys Said 1

• Simply treat him like how you treat your friends.

Spend time with him. Text him.

What Girls Said 1

• You start by saying you want him, but you won't leave your boyfriend. So instead you'll be friends? That's not how it works. Let's just be real and call a spade a spade here. Friends are platonic and you want more than that. More simply put, you aren't capable of being a friend to him. Let it go and enjoy the boyfriend you DO have. Maybe sometime down the road you two will both be single and then you can try to pursue your little 'friendship'.