Who gives better Dating and relationship advises according to you? Guys or Girls?

The above question says it all..

so advises from which gender helped you more in your dating life?

thank you ^_^

• I'm a guy and I find advises from the girls better
  • I'm a guy and I find advises from the guys better
  • I'm a girl and I find advises from the guys better
  • I'm a girl and I find advises from the girls better
  • I don't have a preference.. ^_^

Most Helpful Guy

• Men tend to be very realistic (sometimes pessimistic tbh) and will give you straight advice without any romantic bullsh*t. They typically pick up on incongruent behavior and bullsh*t and will point it out.

Women tend to think men are complicated and emotionally driven, so they tend to give advice from their own pov which is usually wrong. Often they'll give you optimistic advice that they think will make you feel better rather than advice that will actually help you.

I prefer realistic ugly truths over romantic, fairyland, feel good advice. Guys give better advice.

What Girls Said 25

• Depends on what I'm looking for. My mom gives pretty good dating advice. So do a few of my girl friends. If I know what kind of advice I want (ex/ sex tips, how to handle a certain situation), I will ask one of my friends. But if I am completely confused about something and want an honest perspective, I'll ask a guy friend.

I also won't compain about my guy to my friends. Often women will get each other so worked up, they are more mad at their boyfriends than they were BEFORE they talked with the girls. I know a lot of guys who are afraid of girl's night because their gfs always seem pissed at them when they get home, even through they were perfectly happy with them when they left the house. It seems to be that if we say "Oh and John said ____", then someone will blurt out "Oh, he said THAT?" or "Well aren't you worried about that?" or some similar comment. Then the girl is going "Oh, I didn't think of it that way. But now that you think about it, I am worried/mad/etc." My man and I fight once in a while, but we keep it to ourselves. If I want advice, I will ask a friend. But I don't complain to my friends about when he does this or that, because it will escalate. And I don't want him complaining about the little things I do either!

• I find that none of my friends, male or female, know anything about dating. In fact, I find that out of all of us, I know the most about dating and how to solve issues in a couple situation.

So I'm basically screwed when I have a question about it.

So...I'm not sure how to answer your poll...I guess, since I'm a girl, I'll have to go with that. I give the best advice to myself ever :D lol

• So what about other topics except dating and relationships ?

• Anything with nothing to do with romance/relationships...guys. I ask my dad and my boyfriend pretty much every question that has ever popped into my head about anything. I never ask my mom anything. She's very smart and I know she'll know the answer, but she'll tell it to me in a way that demonizes me for asking the question in the first place :p

• I see a lot of good advice from both genders and a lot of bad advice from both genders.

• I'm a girl and I find the advise guys give not as good. (and that could easily be from the limited pool of guys I choose to take advice from)

Even if a girl isn't the best with men she can give advice that is so profound.

I've yet to find a guy with that ability.

And when a girl has experience with men, nothing can compare to her advice.

• I said E but really it depends on the person. Typically I like to get advice from guys as I'm interested in dating guys, but some girls (especially those with a lot of experiences) give really good advice too.

• Guys. I feel as though they are coming not only from a male perspective (which helps since I date only males) but they are generally level headed about it. They don't come from an emotional background of information but rather from raw facts. I feel as though women tend to be more emotional and quick to make assumptions.

• It depends on the question and who your issue is with. If your problem is with a guy, guys will probably be able to answer better. Same goes for girls. Questions that call for objective rather than subjective answers are either even or it depends on which gender the question leans toward.

• I voted guys. They usually give better guy advice haha.

• C.. I find guy's advice to be much more helpful and to the point. I have a few close guy friend's I can always get good advice from, some of my girl friends tend to get annoyed and give me advice that makes me feel like I'm too sensitive and can't do anything right if I'm not tougher.

• Usually, it is better to listen to guys that have dating experience... Most girls are kind of clueless about guys, so why not ask guys about guys? X)

• I prefer guys. I know girls, but guys are more of a mystery.

• Guys do, IMO.

Girls think too much with their feelings when giving out advice, and it's not what I'm looking for.

• Guys give realistic facts girls perspective.

Depends on what I'm looking for.

Unless either are retarded. Then they just whine.

• No preference; there're few users from both genders that contribute great stuff.

• I think both genders give good advice:)

• No preference

• Because girl's problem is about guys so I find guys advice better and convincing..

• For me, either guy or girl as long as it reasonable advice and makes sense, that I go for it

• I voted E. I think it depends on the gender. For me, guys normally give better advice because they give me insight into the male perspective. I would imagine the opposite would be true as well.

• Guys give girls better advise.

• As a girl attracted to guys, I'd rather hear from the target than some woman with random experiences (if any experiences at all).

I generally trust the ladies on GAG, but for some articles elsewhere, I swear these women are just pulling stuff out of their arses.

• I feel like guys give better advice. When I get advice from a guy, they usually are very direct with the information and no sugar-coating. However, girls on the other hand tend to do it in a nicer way, while not being 100% accurate or fulfilling. For example, if a guy wanted to know why he cannot attract someone, I know a lot of girls who would simply just say "don't worry, you'll find the one for you" etc. Lmao.

• For me, it's guys. But that's mainly because I date guys, so I go to guys for advice about guys. Makes sense. They'll know about men better than women, usually.

• Neither.

But men understand other men. If you want to understand the male mind don't ask your female friends ask a guy.

However, we women are complicated. Not sure if anyone can understand us man or woman.

• Both are equally bad in my opinion. Women are emotional and make a lot of excuses to get the answer they want. Men think only in terms of instant gratification or what would work to get someone for sex, not on how to build real, solid relationships.

What Guys Said 11

• Dating advice is subjective and perspective. It's subjective because of the fact that when people offer advice, it's based on their ideas and experiences, which may work best for the situation they're in, but doesn't really work well for your situation. Perhaps the girl or guy is speaking from a perspective where they are deemed attractive by a large number of people of the opposite gender, so their experiences is based on that and it just doesn't work the same for the person who is deemed average or below average by the opposite gender.

From a perspective standpoint, men and women just approach things differently so it's kind of difficult for a guy to give insight on the way a woman is thinking and a woman can't honestly give advice on guys because they really don't understand how a guy is thinking. They can make safe assumptions based on their experiences but then its open to their own interpretations.

Because of this dating advice can only be taken at face value and it helps to get advice from someone of the same gender who is in a similar situation and approaches things the same way you do as well as perhaps gain better perspective of the opposite gender from friends of the opposite gender.

I rarely took dating advice seriously because I rarely thought that the advice given solely reflected my ideas nor did I feel it was given based on my situation. I did kind of hold on to it as barometer to kind of help me determine what should I change and how to better go about things, but not to assume the exact behaviors of those giving the advice.

• It seems it's safe to assume most people think guys give the best advice. I would think this is because so many women think too much into things and start making stuff up in their head that just isn't happening. This stuff starts to turn into beliefs for them, almost like they think it's a fact. Men however think more bluntly and skeptical, so they do go too much into detail about what they think about a situation or what you should do but rather give a range of different ideas that aren't too specific and can lead you on the right path.

I personally think that it's dependent on the person giving the advice. In my younger days I've been around guys who gave terrible advice and only a few guys who can really give you good advice. That being said I've only met one girl who can give good advice and the rest either give terrible advice or just not enough info to go on. I asked my sister for some advice on some occasions and it was always no good.

• Good Advice is not something that is given by a particular gender but by a intelligent person.

But I do think guys offer advice slightly better than girls.Also,they give more honest advice.

• The Ladies, they're normally wiser in love & war.

• Oh definitely the guys. Women don't even know what they themselves want half the time lol... probably why all the people I talk with are girls, and I can't find a girlfriend for myself :P

• both give sh*tty advice 90% of the time to be honest.

• lol..So,didn't you find any advises from here that was helpful to you in your real life dating ?

• read carefully. 10% of the advice is good

• Any unbiased person can give advices,it doesn't depend upon gender...

• LOL at that one girl that said she is a guy!

• A lot of women have a habit of reading too much into things, making things more difficult than they need to be. "Oh my God! It took him over three hours to text me back! Is he losing interest?" That sort of over reaction makes it really hard to take advice from them.

Also I think that women have such a fear of feeling like, or being seen as a slut, that they tend to lie to themselves about what they really want.

In order for a women to give really good advice about dating, she needs to be confident and feel comfortable with her own sexuality. I have found that openly gay women, tend to give great insight into a woman's mind. Lesbians have to be honest about what a woman wants, since they are trying to attract women, and of course are women.

If a man gives bad advice it is a lot easier to spot, because they mostly just whine about women not liking nice guys. Even though they never ask a woman out.

• I think guys give better dating advice in general. If you need advice on how to attract and keep women, you talk to a guy that is able to do that. As they say, if you need to learn how to fish, you don't ask a fish. You ask a fisherman.

I also think they give better advice when it comes to girls dating guys too. I say that because half of their advice to other girls is somewhat outlandish like the numerous "he's not into you if..." stuff.

• It would be guys.

Guys are more objective while women are subjective.