Was this a dumb idea, sent him a blank text, after a fight?

We had a fight on Friday and I think part of it is my fault as well as his. So last night at about 10:04.

I did this because I was hoping he would have seen it and called me back at least to apologize. I was going to say my niece had my phone and did that by mistake because she did that once.

he did not call however and I am not going to call him.

In your opinion guys/ girls was it a bad idea and how would you have reacted if you got a blank text from your girlfriend/boyfriend after a fight two days ago.

At 10:04 I sent him a blank text

Most Helpful Guy

• not a dumb idea just an immature one. the only good form of communication actual communication. sending an intentionally vague or blank message hoping to get a response isn't effective communication and is more of a control or manipulation.

Essentially you are hoping to coerce a response.

The two of you simply refusing to call because neither of you wants to extend the olive branch is not a good sign for a relationship.

• yea we are both proud

• well everything in moderation. Too much pride will ruin you both

• Yea it ended a week after thank you

What Guys Said 3

• I wouldn't think anything either way. But it's not a very mature way to handle arguments. Neither is 'refusing' to call him.

• Hey, I'd think that was sortof a cute way to offer to forget about the quarrel and start over, on a new slate, as it were...

I'd laugh to myself and then come to see you asap!

• Playing stupid games with your phone, where you'd ultimately lie to him about what you had done?

Yes, very very stupid. Very typical too.

• Lol loved how you put it I feel like such a child it is funny now looking back at it lol. Never me again

What Girls Said 6

• i've actually accidentally sent blank texts to people before and it was kind of embarassing because then I ended up having to send them another text (when I was even planning on sending one in the first place) apologizing for sending them a blank text. so I'm not sure if he's going to read into yours as a sign to call you. you should just call him and find out what's up and then go from there.

• Being in a relationship is a mutual commitment. You have to humble yourself and admit you might've contributed to the argument and apologize. Start by sending a text that says "can we talk" and then I'd call, ask him what his perspective was, how he was feeling, then how you're feeling and what you can do to fix the problem.

It might sound lame but it really works to talk it out instead of playing txting games.

Best of luck.

• Well it wasn't a bad idea but it was kind of immature.If I ever received such text I would think he wants my attention.

• My dad sent me a blank text once and I called him back right away and he said it was an accident. But I don't know if I'd call back my boyfriend especially if we were fighting. A bit childish but I think its kind of funny.

• I'd feel really confused if my boyfriend did that. And if anything I'd feel worse because it's like he's encouraging ME to apologize, so I'd be pretty pissed.

• It wasn't horrendously "bad", it was just immature.

Relationships don't progress or improve by playing silly games. It takes communication.

Do not contact him again this week let him call/text you. Never let him see you sweat or run behind him... If you mean anything he'll call just give it sometime to die down... I would have done the same thing he did to a blank text, Nothing!

After a week or two call him and say you're sorry be the bigger person, if you love him you will and if he loves you he'll forgive you and say sorry for his part too, love is to special to waste on fights and games