How tall are you and are you single?

I am curious to see if there is a correlation between height and one's availability for relationships. If you are single and between two options please round to the nearest answer (for example, 5'5.5" would round to 5'6", but 5'9.4" would round to 5'9").

Personally, I am 5'8.5" or so and currently dating a girl I met via online dating (our next date will be #8). She is the first girl I have ever dated (she is around 5'8" and I am somewhat astounded that she has been willing to get to first base with me) and I have only just begun to question if she thought it was weird to date someone similar in height. I personally find women of all heights attractive, but have recently begun to wonder if height helps to make the difference between 'cute' and 'hot'.

Unfortunately it is difficult to make a fair range of heights in terms of input for both genders, so I predict that men should end up with more concentration towards the A, B, and C answers, and women should end up with a more even distribution.

• I am not single
  • I am single and 5'5 or shorter
  • I am single and 5'6 - 5'9
  • I am single and 5'10 - 6'1
  • I am single and 6'2 or taller
If you are in a relationship, please pick A.
As of 04/26/2013 @ 1:40AM Pacific Time, the results are:

Total Votes - Both genders: 84

Women: 36

Men: 48

Total not single: 23%

Women: 25%

Men: ~20.83%

Single - Both genders: 77%

Women: 75%

Men: ~79.16%

For the following not single data has been removed to focus on those who are single

Total Single Votes: 65

Women: 27

Men: 38

Single and under 5'5": 30.769%

Women: ~62.96%

Men: ~7.89%

Single and between 5'6" and 5'9": ~29.23%

Women: ~29.63%

Men: ~28.95%
Single and between 5'10" and 6'1": ~26.15%

Women: ~7.41%

Men: ~39.47%

Single and 6'2" or taller: ~13.85%

Women: 0%

Men: ~23.68%
~Noteworthy~

Some of the commenters chose to include the heights of their SO's. All of these comments were made by female posters. Not a single male poster who is in a relationship mentioned the height of his SO.

Here are the match-ups that were mentioned within those comments:

Female - Male

===========

5'3" - 6'2"

5'2" - 6'2"

5'2" - 6'0"

5'4" - 6'5"

5'7" - 6'0"

4'8" - 5'7"*

* These numbers were reported on behalf of a friend

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 22

• I am in a serious relationship and I am 5'2.

• I'm 5'2'' and not single. My boyfriend is 6'0''.

• I'm not single. I'm 5'4...

• 5'3" and not single. Boyfriend is 6'2".

• I'm in an unofficial relationship and around 5'4

• I'm 5'4" and single

• single and 5"2

• im 5'8 and a half and single :/

• I'm a lone ranger and I'm 5'9".

• I'm 5'1 and single :) xx

• 5' 5 1/2''

and now single haha

• I'm 5'1 and not single.

• not single, and I'm 5'6ish

• I'm exactly 5'5" and single but of my own choosing

• i'm 5'1" and technically I'm still not single.

• 5'5" and single

• iim 5'5' and single :D,and I love my height

• I've never been in a relationship (out of choice) and I'm 5'9 and a sophmore in highschool.

• I'm 5ft tall and I'm not single

• I'm 5'7 and not single. My boyfriend is 6 foot.

My best friend is 4'8 and her boyfriend is 5'7.

• I am 5'2 and I am single. I doubt for me the reason I am single is due to my height cause in where I live, guys are not that tall. But I am still single.

• I am single and have been for a few years now I'm 4'10 I'm very short and its depressing :(

• That's sad to hear. Have you tried anything like meetup groups, speed dating, or online matchmaking services?

With the advent of the Internet online dating is not nearly as bad as it was once thought to be (just post your best pictures and write a detailed and intelligent profile that explains your interests, and someone is bound to try to connect with you). My first (and current) relationship came from me reaching out to a girl online -I focus on things in common more than on looks.

• As someone who was laid-off a couple of months ago I'll be the first to say that not all guys who are jobless are losers -not in this sh*tty economy.

If that's your view then you've lost my sympathy.

• Are you kidding I understand I have an awful job and a four year degree. There is a kind of guy I'm talking about but I'm not sure how to explain it.

What Guys Said 23

• I answered D. By the way, the reason that this poll doesn't work is that there are less guys who are under 5'5. It would be important to find out how many guys are not single for each of the measurements as well.

I can find this out for you, if you are willing to vote me as best answer ;)

• The poll had limited choices for heights...and I wanted to get some data about the girls of GAG as well as the guys.

I'd say the poll is working fine for determining other things...

• I'm about 5'7" and am single.

• There's not... Relationships are two sided (guys have a say in things), thus guys can chose not to be in one for any of a myriad of reasons. Just because you're single, doesn't mean you're being rejected or even available.

• That doesn't mean there isn't a correlation between height and being single.

I am merely interested in analytics at the moment -I am not out to prove or disprove anything yet...I'm just curious.

• Well, while it does appear that there is no correlation between height and being single (and I agree that much more data would need to be collected and an array of other variables would need to be considered to even attempt to look for a correlation -regardless of voluntarily being single) we *are* learning about the relationship statuses between the sexes who have voted. The "are you single?" part of the poll is still somewhat successful and it is interesting to see the comments of the polled.

• What I see is an even amount of girls and guys in relationships, I didn't count up the single people lol. And I see great numbers around 5'5 for women and 5'10 for men with populations sort of following a bell curve as they get further from the mean. Standard human heights. =P ?Conversation is always good though. Read up.

• 5ft 9 and married

• Would you be willing to reflect this in the poll?

It would be easier to compare/contrast the results.

• I'm around 6'5" and single.

• I'm 6'3 and am single by choice. Absolutely no interest in having a relationship that requires commitment.

• 6' and normally have been in relationships, but am now single, mostly by choice.

• Low end of 5'9 and not single ^.~

• Ah, you are from Japan, eh? It is unfortunate GAG does not permit Japanese characters on the site.

Tonikaku, poll ni sono answer wo erande kuremasen ka?

• Trust me. You are not alone on that.

I may come from a lower income background, but I've had my fair share of piano and guitar lessons, amateur films, songwriting, camping, canoeing and fishing trips, dance-offs at night clubs, and studies abroad. Though I have forgotten much of my Latin or Spanish I still find it useful occasionally, and even working-out is starting to produce results. I'd imagine everyone has an array of interests and activities.

• obviously, that's why it's exciting to get to

know new people and make friends ^.~

• 6'2 and single

• 6'2 and always been single.

• -5,7-1/2

-single

I have to many faults in my life, that are being addressed at the moment, Ideally I just live my life the best I can :]

• I'm 6'3" and taken

• I'm 5'10" and I'm not.single.as.of.two days ago

• I'm 6'1" and single

• I am single, and I am 6'4 tall.

• I'm 5'11" and single, but I'm kinda shy. >.>

• 5'8 and single.

• I'm about 5'8 and single

• 6'1 and single

• I'm 5'6 and I'm not single

• I'm 5'8 and I'm single.

• 6'6" and single as of a month ago.

• 6'6" and single by choice