GAG has lost it's magic - anyone else feel the same?

A year ago, I went on here asking questions about women and dating, and I knew very little. Each question I posted, I learned a lot of great insights. I felt like each time I logged on here, I became a wiser person.

But now, and I've been feeling this way for a while, this all feels like a retread. Every question and answers I read are stuff I already known or had learned.

And boom. The magic of going on this site vanished... It's even kind of dull now.

Anyone feel the same?

Most Helpful Girl

• You kinda brought the magic back for me... JIM MORRISON FAN TOO! Mr Mojo Rising! I love the Doors!

Yes and no. Sometimes there are answers you hear all the time and are just common sense or learned from other times asking questions. Other times, the answerer actually talks about things outside the box that are really insightful and gives you an overall new point of view of the situation. Most of the time, it's the former.

• you're right. and yes, the doors are awesome

• Thanks :) This isn't anything to do with the question but...what other bands do you like :)

My favorite band is Led Zeppelin, second favorite is The Doors, and other bands I like include the Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Band, Pink Floyd, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, etc...

What Girls Said 20

• Well, if you feel like it has lost its "magic" why don't you spread a little magic on GAG? actually I kind of do miss how GAG was a year ago, such fun users who joke around and I don't know, it seems all quiet now. But the main thing about this site is advice, and people need advice even if you have seen it before, we were probably all on that same boat at one point. I have to say, I have learned a lot from this site :)

• Well, there's definitely some questions that seem have been asked a bunch of times but it's still relevant advice. and hearing new answers to the same questions is nice to see, it offers different perspectives. there will always be someone with an opinion you've never seen. it's something I check out here and there, not every minute of every day

• yea. when you're new and you see these debates on "nice guy vs the jerk" or "how many days should I wait to call", it's interesting. but then after a year, we've heard them 100 times and don't care.

• I check out all of the different topic areas, the sexuality one usually has questions I've never seen before. or sometimes you'll see a really specific question, so even though a lot of ti will be repetitive, it won't ALL be repetitive.

• Has gag *really* lost it's magic or is it the Gag veterans here who've seen so many questions over and over again that they're not new any more?

Not saying that's how it is, just thinking out loud.

• well, I meant that it has lost my magic to me at least

• There are also quite a few people now who start up a conversation- sound cool- and then try to get naked pictures. Not the place, right? Or am I the only one not willing to give some random person my picture?

• Def not the only one. happens to pretty much all women on here :/

• Nope. I tend to ask them why exactly they think I would show them my picture for their jollies. Then I chew their argumentation and spit them out until they tire or me and give up.

• I would like to be a fly on the wall for that conversation. I don't really like confrontation, I just make an excuse and run away lol.

• There are some questions on here that I see quite repeatedly. I discovered this website about three years ago and had a different username back then. I was active for about a year and a half but something went terribly wrong and I lost my old account. So I didn't bother making another one until a few months ago.

Anyways, my point is, I do agree with you partially. There are some questions which I have come across multiple times from different users. But generally, there are some situations which can't be duplicated. You can usually tell by reading a certain problem or question by how desperate someone is for advice/help. I definitely answer every question with complete sincerity and find that I have learned a lot from reading other peoples' answers! :)

PS: I hope you can find the spark again! (lol).

• Yep. Boooooooaring

• I feel exactly the same way. The fun we use to have with each other etc is gone! I'm not on anywhere near as much as I used to be and if tomorrow this site disappeared I wouldn't consider it much of a loss any longer.

• yeah I'm just on here for the sake of old memories haha

• yes! I'm only on for the points now, it was fun but now boring.

• yep. I don't use GAG so much anymore for personal dating questions but I do still enjoy reading other peoples questions and answers. Plus being here for a while I feel like I really *know* some of the people on here, and they know me, like everyone has their own style of answering questions and stuff.

• I'm new to GAG so I'm not quite bored yet. But just browsing through the questions, I've noticed a lot of them tend to follow a particular pattern. Like, "He/she looked at me a certain way. Does that mean he/she likes me?" Plus, a lot of the users seem to be between 18-24 which can eventually lead to a limited perspective on the type of questions or answers you get. So yeah, I see how you can get bored.

• It seems like there are a lot under 18 also. It seems that the high school perspective and college perspectives are covered. Personally I think hearing from those in your age group or just older help more than younger (or are at least more interesting) :)

• Between this and Yahoo answer, I like GAG more.

• I'm new here. But what I think is really annoying is when some is being a smart-ass for the answers or being disrespectful or creepy. I do see allot of over asked questions that are similar and allot of., and it kinda gets trying.

• Im a newbie

• Same feeling.

• Gag is lame now

• Yeah kinda agree. A lot of the cool people have left and questions aren't getting well thought out answers as much

• Yes, it is has. They got rid of the chatroom.

If you report a comment the mods won't do anything about it but look through your questions and delete them.

They delete questions like "does he like me?" but keeps questions that are obvious trolling.

• What magic? Gag never had "magic".

• Because more kids are on here than adults , And adults no more . I'm not on here as much either , But even though I try to give awesome answers . I'm aiming for the points . I've asked few questions on here , And the ones I've asked . I now know the answer , So I don't even bother with asking questions . I just answer .

• I don't know that it's ever really been "magical" for me. I enjoy it, still do... but it rarely changes my outlook or opinion. I just enjoy learning all perspectives. Getting out of my own head is so good for me :-)

What Guys Said 9

• Lost it's magic? How so? I've been here four years. It was on the verge of disappearing when I got here, and it still is. How's that for magic?

• how does it manage to be a fresh experience each time?

• maybe because the people who actually likes

to give detailed genuine answers gets bashed on

by other people for trying, sad but I've seen this a lot ^.~

• While everyone should be able to have their questions answered, the site seems to have filled up with a lot of questions on ridiculously specific situations that often can't be accurately judged at all, leading to many questions having to be nothing but speculation about what some other person is thinking. Questions about specific situations and "does he/she like me?" really only help the author, and don't offer significant help to other people, generally speaking.

• Too many people hanging around on Facebook and twitter

• I agree. Not as enjoyable as it was a couple years ago

• Well at the same time, it's not like the main focus of this site is so ever-evolving.

After you've read what makes sense, it starts to become repetitive quite fast.

• exactly. for many people, it's a phase. you get what you need out of it and you leave

• I've been here since Feb '09 and it's definitely lost it's magic.

• If by magic, you mean the insights you're learning, then it still has it.

I admit that I'm around GAG for less than 4 months, but I'm still learning a lot of things everyday.

It's definitely a good learning place to learn about the opposite sex, and how people think from different perspectives which is a grey area to me.

• Many of the questions indeed are repeated, Many are asked by trolls or stupid people. The quality of this site is not quite as good anymore and many good people have left.