was he never interested? urgent!

There's this guy I've liked for a while now. He's always been flirty and is generally friendly with everyone but he's never gone out of his way to get with a girl on a night out... until he suddenly kissed me. We snogged a few times that night and then he suddenly went from flirty to not so flirty; he just hovers around me and tries to make me laugh.

I've seen him looking at me and my friends think he likes me but I've never been so sure. One day he got my phone number because I lost my mobile in the club and he suggested he ring it. After that, I took the bold move and text him first. Our convos always go well, a little flirty, and he always answers back straight away, long texts. Over Easter we talked a lot and even had a proper suggestive conversation. Then, the day we came back, I text him saying do you want to date and he said he wasn't in the dating mood. The next day, he came and sat with me (he's never done this before) for a whole hour, flirting, asking me about my life, etc. Then on our next night out, his friends were all smirking at me and pushing me toward him, my friends and he were making jokes about us going on a date.

Then he IGNORED me for the whole night, flirting with my friend. I was a little drunk and annoyed with the whole game-playing thing so I text him 'you know I like you, everyone does, so please stop sending mixed messages. If you just want to be friends, that's cool, but don't lead me on.'

... he hasn't text back. I haven't heard from him in days and we usually comment on each others' Facebook... I hate not talking to him but I hate being strung along even more.

Was he never interested in me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course he was interested in you but I mean...physically. Ouch. I know...I know but chill here's where I come from...from reading what you wrote...you have to think about what really went on..."he's always been flirty and is generally friendly with everyone but he's never gone out of his way to get with a girl on a night out... until he suddenly kissed me." Both sexes can be flirtatious...but all the time? I mean, if he never as you said, gets out of his way to asks someone out, doesn't that tell you that his just a free butterfly roaming (as vulgar as some may say) all the pretty little flowers? No I'm not saying he sleeps with girls 24/7 or at least not yet or maybe his a good guy but back to the point. He kissed you right? so now your thinking omg...he likes me! Liking someone is nice...but so is just having fun. You see, I don't think his a bad guy...I really don't and of course you deserve the best and a great man to take care of your needs and desires but I think that the real misunderstanding here lies... within you. Wait what? What am I saying? That you took him SERIOUSLY when all he wanted to do was HAVE FUN. Again I don't mean sex, not everything is based off sex unless your someone who sits around a computer watching p*rn all day while eating a bag of hot cheetos, than that's nasty and psychotic. If I offended anyone please go get some help..jk. Okay so by all means, I'm replying to your message because I've been there, we like to ASSUME, CHANGE, SEE IT IN OUR PERSEPCTIVE. But here comes the good part...after you have stopped and realized that you always knew he wasn't ready or mature enough for a healthy stable relationship with you or anyone...without your opinion and just based on pure fact. Do you see the pattern here? One day his all into you another days he doesn't even bother to say "hi" just..a simple..hello. Why you think he hasn't replied back to your msg? Because his an arse? Yes but also because you took things too seriously too fast and that made him ran away because he was just getting to know you at a casual level...a.k.a. not ready to have a relationship or simple didn't want one. You see, what I'm trying to say is that yes, he is physically attracted to you and yes, that's all there's to it. Please...PLEASE! Don't over think and analyze how sweet he talked to you, how his eyes twinkled at seeing you, how happy he was too see you because even though he actually was happy to see you it doesn't mean he wanted something serious. Did he lead you on? Yes, why? Because his immature. Does he know what he wants? No. That's why his just lingering there getting to meet people, and guess what? You should do the same. I hate the word should but in this case, its all into your advantage! If you want him to pass by again and forget the past, next time leave all the questions and resentment behind, wave to him a friendly 'hello' and please for heaven's sake, don't take him seriously! Until he proves himself otherwise. Mutual respect

What Guys Said 2

• Im no genius but He likes you... Call him! (:

• I'm sort of leaning toward the whole 'he doesn't like me' thing. I guess I read into everything a bit too much. I haven't heard from him at all: he ignores me in person and online but makes a point of commenting on my friends' statuses. I'm meant to be spending time with our mutual friends next week and he'll definitely be there. I guess I'll just act normal and try to move on. There's no point dwelling on something that's never going to happen, right?

• Sorry if im super late :s i totally forgot to check back in for this... You hope there is 'something' maybe there might be.. talk to him, you dont like to feel vulnerable trust me no one does, butttt you dont lose anything either love x

• Something must've upset him or he's just busy.

Contact him again.

What Girls Said 2

• Seems like he likes you . He may of been drunk too that night. Maybe? Try to talk to him in person. He may not know what to say but in person he most likely will answer

• It seems he likes you but was distracted by your friend when he was drunk.