Need some help here dissecting the male brain :D

We're penpals on an online site and we get along rather well. And since it's a penpal site, he talks to lots of other girls as well. He claimed that I wasn't like the rest of them, and told me I was his favorite girl, more than a friend.

Noticing these things, I later mustered up the courage to ask him what he expected of me. And that I was rather worried of how he talks to other girls as well. He replied saying he didn't know I thought of him anything more than a friend (because really I was never the one to express such interest like he did) and that I should stop worrying and thinking too much. I got mad, cause basically it was like he played me for a fool all along and perhaps I thought someone better came along and it was his way of saying he changed his mind. I gave him a piece of my mind on what I thought about all this and showed him how mad I was.. and left the site.

2 weeks later my hotmail inbox receives a message from him saying there was a lot of confusion that happened between us and he hoped I was OK. Out of anger earlier, I hadn't given him a chance to explain himself so I did now and he said if we lived in the same area he would have dated me, but it only can go so far long distance. He said he does think of me as more than a friend, but can't act on that emotion. When I heard his explanation and decided to move on with my on life, he said he still wants us to keep talking like we used to cause we got along pretty well. (?)

Guys (mostly) or girls, what 's the thinking here?

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know...

My first instinct is that he's hedging his bets - he says "you're not like the other girls" to other girls, and when they respond positively, he acts like he never said that because it's his standard form letter - he doesn't remember actually saying that to you.

And now he's covering his ass, and trying not to come out a bad guy - he doesn't want to feel guilty.

On a slightly less cynical note, maybe he's being honest about the long distance thing, and wants to keep talking because he has no one else for now, but he'll get rid of you as soon as someone comes along in his area.

• " (because really I was never the one to express such interest like he did) "

" I got mad, cause basically it was like he played me for a fool"

---> YOU didn't show interest like he did, so YOU misguided him. What the f*** are you mad at him for ?

" Out of anger earlier, I hadn't given him a chance to explain himself "

---> Consider yourself lucky he sent you an email after you behave like that, I would have stopped talking to you for good.

What Girls Said 0