Am I just someone to talk to when he's bored, or is he interested?

Long story short, I dated this guy in college, 2 years ago. I broke it off with him not long after he told me he was going into the marines. We have talked on and off since then. He was dating this one girl that he was "just friends" with when we were together. He said there was nothing there. Well, about 6 months ago, he started dating her and was engaged for 2 weeks, before breaking it off. Anyways, he's been talking to me again since he got un-engaged, and has been wanting me to come see him where he's at right now, which is 10 hours away. I asked him if he had asked anyone else, and he said another girl that was an old friend. She wouldn't come when he was engaged, but she's down there now. I asked him if he dated her in the past too, and he said no. What bothers me is that I don't know if she's just another friend or more than that. He says just a friend, but that's what he said about the other girl too. Of course, he hasn't talked to me a lot the past 2 or 3 days, since she decided she was coming. I don't know what to think. If he's really interested in me again, or just wants someone to talk to when he's bored. He's told me things that makes me think he obviously still wants me, but I don't know if I trust him yet. He's really hurt me in the past. What should I do? Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Please don't waste your time with him. He seems to be interested in seeing who will fall for his crap. He was possibly engaged to that girl because he got her pregnant and then called it off when they found out that she wasn't. If he's gone silent while with her, then he's not giving you enough particular regard to haul yourself down to see him, is he? I would save my time, my money, and my brain power for something worth your attention.

• Guess who he's engaged to now?! The girl that came to see him. Less than 2 months since he broke it off with the other girl. I told him he was crazy and she is too. What kind of girl wants to marry a guy that was just engaged to another girl less than 2 months ago?

• I just met a guy today who told me he married a girl who informed her friends "Look at that one. I'm marrying him no matter what" in a night club one evening and a few months later they were married. Go figure. He's been married and divorced two more times since then.

What Guys Said 2

• You're just someone he talks to when he's bored.

• sounds like he is just using you as a rebound from his previous break-up...I would avoid putting yourself out for him so you don't get hurt again...sorry its probably not what you wanted to here :(

What Girls Said 1

• It seems you are really just someone he talks to when he is bored.