Women dating younger men vs. Men dating older women?

Most women prefer to date/marry older guys and most men prefer to date/marry younger women.

BUT, some girls and guys are open to do the opposite.

My question is: Who do you think is more open to the inverse mechanism, haha? What do you think is more likely to happen? Women dating younger men OR Men dating younger women?

• I think it's more likely to see women dating younger men than to see men dating older women.
  • I think it's more likely to see men dating older women than to see women dating younger men.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's more men dating younger women, just because it's more "acceptable" in society, however there are many attractive older women imo.

• This is not the question :/

• I just think there are some women (depending on the age gap) might think "i'm old enough to be your mother" so might hesitate on dating a younger guy, whereas if a guy is attracted he'd most likely go for it

• Good point. Butm this IF rarely happens, haha

What Guys Said 6

• Women dating older guys- you see this on the daily basis.

Women dating young guys- you see this behind closed doors and a relationship like this is rare. Older women already have experience with men, and they know what they want. For them to go after a younger man, that young man must be unique lol. First off, mature for his age, the willingness to experience, a healthy body, and I think an energetic approach to their relationship.

• I love it when a man and woman is similar age. + - 5 years. My wife is somewhat younger than me. If two people really love, no matter who is older.

• Typically, I think men generally don't have a problem dating an older woman, but women have a problem dating a younger man, I don't know why, it just is. I asked a similiar poll to this one.

• How is it more likely to be one or the other? Obviously if women are dating younger men then the same number of men are dating older women o.o

• It's different. There's always someone who's active and another is passive. Who would easily and more openly take this step? That's what I meant.

• Oh, it'd always be the guy. At least in modern society. Women are too damn passive in general. Be it in the professional world or the social world. Studies have found women are far more passive than men :\

• I think the "mechanism" for younger men to date older women will always be stronger than the one that motivates older women to date younger men. :)

• I currently like a 32 year old woman. I'm 24

• I am the same age as you and I think there are many incredibly beautiful women in their 30's and 40's, hell even some women in their 50's are looking pretty damn amazing

• Some women age better than others

What Girls Said 3

• Well, I'm a girl and I'm dating a guy 6 years older than me.

• I know at least 4 couples that the wife is at Least 7 or 8 years older. They all have their pros and cons. I don't think any of them specifically aimed for a younger guy.

• Isn't that the same thing? For every woman dating younger, a man is dating older. So the numbers have to be the same.

• I'd say men are probably more likely to date older.