A lot of fit men dating fat girls?

I've definitely noticed this more the past 5 years than the 20 I was growing up.

It is almost a DEFAULT for a guy in decent shape (within the healthy BMI scale or just dipping into overweight) to be dating a woman hovering on obesity.

I know Canada is close to America in obesity rates, but it seems there are more women than men on this scale. If I had to guess it would be 60-40 female to male obesity.

And with that, of course even fat women can get boyfriends but what amazes me is these good looking guys dating fat girls and I know it's because there are fewer and fewer girls of good weight around.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are worse things than dating fat girls...though at the moment none come to mind.

What Girls Said 4

• As you get older, people usually start to mature and realize that when it comes to finding a partner especially for long term then you will notice that how big or small your partner is no longer the only important thing of the relationship. You want to be able to enjoy your time with someone on all levels and not base it on just sex. In some cases many of the relationship you describe may start off as a really good friendship that then blossom into something even more meaningful. Also despite what society thinks to be ideal and is taught to be " normal" many man and even women actually enjoy a bigger person. My moms friend she is a really fit and beautiful and her husband who is actually a pretty nice looking guy is much bigger. In the end people of all shape, size, color and so on deserve to be loved. It really doesn't and shouldn't matter to anyone else what other people chose to be with.

• How do you consider intimacy in this?

Because at some point body does come into play. Of course it's not a huge negative when a girl is only slightly overweight, but if I'm dating a girl who stands 5"5 and she gains 25lbs, I'll notice and this will not help our sex life.

• then ovbiously bigger girls aren;t for you... intimacy ovbiously starts with the body but it should become an even stronger connection that starts from the heart.

• "A lot of fit men dating fat girls" - maybe because they're not shallow and looks don't matter to them.

A girl can be hot and fit with the worst possible attitude and an ugly personality.

Versus, a girl, you call "fat," - I prefer the terms "heavy" or "overweight" - can with a sweet and humble personality

Who do you choose?

• Way to play extremes.

I'd rather take the sporty girl who may have a short temper but I play sports with her half the time so it really doesn't get in the way :)

• Does the saying opposites attract work here? What do you consider fat?

• Your mom is fat

What Guys Said 4

• Lol this is so true, my first girlfriend was fat so I'm speaking from my experience in this one.

I think fat girls know how to treat their boyfriends right, they actually give effort and would go out of their way to find solutions to their relationship problems.

Does that mean I only date fat girls? No, my preference is fit and skinny, but personality and knowing what it means to be a girlfriend, is what matters that most.

• I agree. Also dated some fatties, excellent friendship but at some point it's going to be hard to be intimate.

• Its all about getting that hot round ass

• Weight is not the most important factor is a good partner, IMO. I know some amazing women who are a bit heavy but who are far more attractive to me than the more fit but insecure, egotistical, anti-male "women", of which there seem to be so many today. Give me a real woman any day, even if she's not as fit as the "others".

• From my experience, fit guys are no different than out of shape guys in regards to mating. Their overall attractabilty and preference determines the kind of women they date.

On a side note. I do believe there are enough fit women out there to date most of us fit guys. Many guys are too chicken to approach them though.