Why does he text me everyday?

This guy texts me everyday and I'm not too sure what to think about it...

We are fairly casual friends (get together to study, hang out on campus whenever we are there together, have only hung out for fun a few times)

I told him awhile ago I had been interested in asking him on a date but he said he was "done with relationships" because of being hurt so often from previous girls (he had just been burned by someone recently) but now he texts me so often that I can predict when I should be receiving something from him... what is he doing?

Is this just a comfort thing? Knowing he has a 'friend' to talk to (ie. using me for whenever he's bored or something)? or is there something else going on here?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he likes you: I mean, he wouldn't text you so often if he wasn't into you. What I don't understand is why he hasn't asked you out yet: maybe he is scared that he will get burned again... In my opinion if you keep hanging out with him sooner or later something will happen (maybe if you both get drunk it will happen sooner). You should try to get him to understand that you still are into him and that friendship isn't enough for you...

What Guys Said 1

• The reason I text this girl every day is because she's 3000 miles away. I will never see her in person

What Girls Said 0