How long should I wait to begin dating again? Please help.

About 2 months ago, I met a great girl through online dating. We spent an amazing two months together and acted like a real couple. I became fully emotionally invested.

This past week, she gave me the "Its not you, its me" speech. I feel completely used and taken advantage of. To make things worse, I just discovered she was actually still on the dating website while we were dating. I'm angry, confused, and hurt.

At the same time, I'm tired of being single. I want to find the person I'm meant to be with because I've been single for the past 3 years. Since then, each girl I've had a chance with has completely used me and hurt me.

I guess my question is, when do you think I should begin online dating again? Should I at all? Have any of you faced this hurt before?

What Girls Said 2

• I'm sorry you are going through this. I just went through the same exact thing. Maybe she wasn't on the website this whole time and just got on the day after she broke up with you? The guy I was dating (for 2.5 months) did the same thing to me. He said it wasn't me it was him and he needed to fix his head etc. and his ex-wife was really dragging him down and he had enough respect for me and my daughter to end things (before he met my daughter)

Do you ever think you may be sabotaging things? I started to think that I was doing that because nothing seems to be working out. The break up came out of nowhere but I do remember having some wine and saying a few things to him that I shouldn't have said and it scared him. So, maybe the breakup didn't come out of the blue.

As far as online dating goes- if you feel ready to date then go on it. It doesn't hurt to just meet new people and make some great connections. I got back on match.com a few days after my boyfriend dumped me and I'm not 100% sure if I really want to date or not. I'm just so hurt he broke up with me and it's pretty much just a distraction because all my friends are married and never go out. Good luck with your journey :)

• Start dating as soon as you feel you are over your last relationship. Everyone has had bad relationship experiences, it best to just take a deep breath and move forward.

What Guys Said 0