Is it normal for one to date more than one person at a time still in today's world?

I always thought it was considered "cheating" now. But I now have reason to believe that the guy I've been crushing on for the past several months has been openly dating more than one girl at a time. Do people still do this kind of thing? Just curious if I do have a chance maybe... of course I understand that it would be a slight chance if there is a chance, but still...

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're not dating him, then what's it to you? Second of all, nothing is wrong with dating a few girls in the get to know you stage if you don't know if your interested yet. It's not uncommon to meet some random girl at a mall, the grocery store, college library, coffee shop or whatever, think she's cute and get her number. If you're single and shopping for a relationship with girls outside of your normal circle (e.g. your office, college class, or people that live in your apartment building), then you really have no idea at all who these girls are. You set up causal dates for drinks or coffee that mean nothing and are just a chance to get to know them a little bit. Dating a few girls at a time if during that faze, exposes you to what's out there and increases the odds that you'll meet someone you sort of like and might be willing to go further with. It's not cheating until the two people involved have talked and agreed to be exclusive, but most people will drop the non contenders and focus on the one they like once they've actually determined they can stop looking for a bit and focus on this one girl who has real potential.

What Guys Said 4

• If you have established a relationship and you have a title (Bf, Gf) and you date other people, then its cheating.

A crush on a guy is not a relationship, you have not asked him to be your boyfriend, vice versa.

"I've been crushing on for the past several months has been openly dating more than one girl at a time."- He is not your boyfriend, so he can do this. If he is SINGLE, he can do whatever the hell he wants, because he is attached to nobody.

• Some people do date several person at the same time. It's incredibly disrespectful in my opinion.

However they will try to raise a very fallacious defense, saying "ooh but lots of people do it !"

That is a very retarded defense.

• read her details again lol, she's not dating this guy, she's crushing on him.

Only psychopathic girls will actually be obsessive and put a title on a guy she is not dating.

• I know she's not dating him. What I am saying is that the guy she's talking about, has no problem going out with several girls at the same time. Like he would go out with one girl on Monday, then another girl Tuesday, then a third one Wednesday etc etc. Making each one of these chicks believing they are the only one he is into at the moment.

Typical player pattern in order to increase the chance to get what you want. It's productive but shows bad ethic in my opinion.

• The problem is there only if he is deceiving all those women. If he is honest when she asks if he's dating other women, that's acceptable. How else will you find out who is or is not a good match for you unless you date as much as you can? As long as you are not in a relationship and you're honest, you're fine to date others.

• It's not against the law.

Love has no rules.

I guess most guys would hate you for it. I would not hate you if you did that to me. I understand human psychology.

• yeh they do, there still d***heads though

• yeh just read your question properly... your crushing on him... he doesn't belong to you to decide who he can and can't date... but dating more than one girl is a bit of a d***ish move

What Girls Said 3

• Yes they do.

• I have dated several people at once, there's nothing wrong with that as long as you're not in a committed relationship with anyone.

• That's very common.if you're single why would you only date one person? Date as many people you want until you get in A RELATIONSHIP