Why does he say he loves me if he's not sure he wants to date me?

I have met a guy who I have being seeing past few months he is 20 and I'm 25 ( if that matters lol)

anyway I'm a little confused he tells me he likes me and he loves me.and I've asked him if he would like to start dating properly and he said he wants to know me more.

I guess my question is if he's not sure if he wants to date me why is he telling me he loves me?

Most Helpful Guy

• He really does want to be with you.

He just need time. Wait for it.

What Guys Said 3

• He sounds like a ripe idiot. Why say "I love you" then say but I need more time...

The f*** kind of logic is that? :/

• That is confusing. Maybe he's just hesitant and wants to be sure you are who he thinks you are before things start up.

• Ye, that's a good question! Well unless there would be something that makes dating very difficult such as long distant travel, a boyfriend in the way or time issues, than there should be no reason to my mind why he won't start dating you right away.

What Girls Said 2

• Because he wants to be with you.

• That really doesn't make much sense. Could it be your age difference?